Npr news
Readitlater
Dropbox

Just to name a few. If i may ask why was the G2 your choice

Reactions: KEEMZ116

KEEMZ116

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I decided to go g2 because it's the best touchscreen device with a keyboard tmobile has to offer.

Coming from blackberry, i will say that i'm not used to the limited battery life. Any tips on getting it through the day?

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Turn brightness off auto and turn it as low as you can while still comfortable.

Update that amazon mp3 bloatware with the market, the new version doesn't autostart. Check other apps that update in the background and either turn them off or make the checks every few hours.

Take advantage of wifi calling!! If you are in an office all day make sure it's on, will save tons of battery.

I'd you don't need it, turn off 3g when not planning to use data for a while.

Welcome to the horrible battery world of modern smartphones...

Reactions: KEEMZ116

KEEMZ116

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the tips. I've been looking through the forum and I've seen mixed feelings on task killers. Should I use ATK or not?

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No task killers, older versions of android needed them but 2.2 handles apps pretty well. If you ever need to kill something just go settings-> applications-> manage applications and force stop it.

ganns1980#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I second what NoSpin says about the data connection. My office is like the black hole of cell phone reception. I turn off 3g and turn on wifi while I'm at work, and my battery lasts much longer by doing this.

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
The phone will already change its clockspeed based on usage and sleep state. But if you can live without instant mail and other notifications, try Juice Defender. It will **** down your data connection when the phone is asleep and periodically wake up for syncing. Supposedly that saves battery life, at the expense of instant email and other notifications.

diamonds

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I too just switched from blackberry. I am wondering if the driod has the capiblity to silence but allow you to choose a group of contacts can can always ring through. anyone????

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
Hello, I too just switched from blackberry. I am wondering if the driod has the capiblity to silence but allow you to choose a group of contacts can can always ring through. anyone????

I was going to make an app that did just that but I noticed there are plenty of such apps on Market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze