Wi-Fi

pcfred

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the Wi-Fi on my G2x to turn on. I had it on once, but not since. When I select it it goes through the motions then says "error".

pcfred

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Got it working. . .somewhat. I went into Wi-Fi setting and was able to turn wi-fi on but it will not see my home wireless. Could be because I have my wireless set to not broadcast, the phone says my wireless is out of range. I can see all the other wireless systems nearby in my neborhood.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that your router is going to have to broadcast, or the phone won't think it's available. It'd be easy enough to give it a try.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
my phone picks up my ssid without being broadcast np. try changing the channel on your router. I noticed a dramatic difference in connection consistency and speed when I did so.

pcfred

May 19, 2011
Visit site
my phone picks up my ssid without being broadcast np. try changing the channel on your router. I noticed a dramatic difference in connection consistency and speed when I did so.

I'm on channel 11 because most of my neighbors are on the other channels, what channel(s) have you had success on?

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on channel 11 because most of my neighbors are on the other channels, what channel(s) have you had success on?

I too always used ch. 1 or 11 to avoid interference. On both of those channels when my phone DID manage to connect to wifi it was incredibly slow and constantly dropping off completely every few minutes.

Tried ch. 2, no difference.

ch 3, possible improvement but didnt stay long enough to verify

Changed to channel 4 and wifi speeds have been stable and fast and wifi never disconnects anymore.

I have no idea what the deal is because I dont have this issue with my vibrant. Whatever the case, the this solved my issue. Play around with diff channels and see if it doesnt improve things for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781