G2X Reception Issues Anyone ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the G2X today.
Worst reception of any of the many TMO Android phones I've had.
And I've had almost every one of them.

I work in and out of steel buildings.
All the phones have random reception issues but mostly all are passable.
The Galaxy S 4G did just fine.

But the G2X jumps back and forth between 2G with 2 bars and zero reception.
Its bad.

I like the phone but all tech support did was have me put a new sim in.

Its going back if I cant use it at work.
Hope it can be fixed.

:(

altemar

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the G2X today.
Worst reception of any of the many TMO Android phones I've had.
And I've had almost every one of them.

I work in and out of steel buildings.
All the phones have random reception issues but mostly all are passable.
The Galaxy S 4G did just fine.

But the G2X jumps back and forth between 2G with 2 bars and zero reception.
Its bad.

I like the phone but all tech support did was have me put a new sim in.

Its going back if I cant use it at work.
Hope it can be fixed.

haven't had any issues with mine, i just dont like the resolution of the screen to much... back to topic i change my settings to only connect to 4G. you might want to try that.

go on the dialer and press *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information, go down and change it to wcdma only( or something like that ) wait a couple secs and get out. if you want to go back to original setting repeat the steps and then click wcdma preffered good luck

WarrenMSP

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
My reception in the basement is bad. Bad to the point I don't get incoming calls. I don't know if it's the device or Tmo. I just switched to Tmo from ATT today.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
haven't had any issues with mine, i just dont like the resolution of the screen to much... back to topic i change my settings to only connect to 4G. you might want to try that.

go on the dialer and press *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information, go down and change it to wcdma only( or something like that ) wait a couple secs and get out. if you want to go back to original setting repeat the steps and then click wcdma preffered good luck

If you click WDCMA Only, will it not get any reception should you leave the "4G" area?

aray213

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Reception

I havent notice it being any worse then my Blackberry 9700 without using the wifi on both. I am however utilizing the wifi while at home and at the office and havent had any issues with the calling on wifi.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There are 5 or 6 "reception issue" related threads over on XDA.
It seems to be a somewhat widespread issue, among others like battery
life and random reboots etc.
So I'm guessing there will be a forthcoming OTA software update soon.
If I dont hear something mine is going to get returned just before the
14 day buyers remorse period ends.

I was already torqued that a $500 phone doesnt come with a memory card.

:mad:

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want to like this phone... but it keeps dying. It seems to have adequate charge (68% last time), but several times daily it won't come back from locking the screen unless I pop the battery (which is a real PITA with the T-mo clam case). Guess I have a bad one. :(

Suprah#AC

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i absolutely no problem with this device.

for first two days my reception was wacky and always bouncing from 4g to 2g but now i get perfect 4G on my rooted g2x

battery life is decent for me, when i am not using it for extended periods or just playing music through my headphones, i turn on airplane mode to disconnect from mobile network to conserve battery

i also picked it up from the store

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want to like this phone... but it keeps dying. It seems to have adequate charge (68% last time), but several times daily it won't come back from locking the screen unless I pop the battery (which is a real PITA with the T-mo clam case). Guess I have a bad one. :(

I did a factory reset on my phone, and have been more selective about what apps I installed. Going on 14 hours with no problem now.

karldall

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Reception issues

Coming from a Blackberry which had decent reception. The G2x frequently goes to 2x or no reception at all.
Plus, I am having GPS issues (but I noticed a separate thread for that problem)

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I recieved a device from LG to try out and it def has reception issues.. I have yet to see it show 3g.. I go from 4g to 2g all day while my Nexus S just shows 3G and massive data dropouts etc.. Tmo def needs to address this as its ruining a great device.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I recieved a device from LG to try out and it def has reception issues.. I have yet to see it show 3g.. I go from 4g to 2g all day while my Nexus S just shows 3G and massive data dropouts etc.. Tmo def needs to address this as its ruining a great device.

I have yet to see 3G on mine either now that you mention it.
I really want to keep this phone but I have got to have a phone that works
at my workplace.
This one doesnt seem to want to do that.
The Mytouch 4G and the Sammysung Galaxy S 4G get not great, but "good enough"
reception at work, but this new handy dandy dual core $500.00 phone that didnt
come with any memory stick gets little to no reception at work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2