Already exchanged..

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was so excited all day cause i thought i had a good one but then it kept shutting itself off randomly. i had to pull the battery and hook it up to a charger just to get it to reboot. it wasn't a battery issue cause the battery was always right where i left it.

TMO exchanged it. life is good once more. :D

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was so excited all day cause i thought i had a good one but then it kept shutting itself off randomly. i had to pull the battery and hook it up to a charger just to get it to reboot. it wasn't a battery issue cause the battery was always right where i left it.

Oops, mine has the exact same issue. New one seem better?

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my phone, and have been more selective about what apps I installed. Going on 14 hours with no problem now.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Have had mine for 2 days without one reboot. I have not found anything wrong with this phone and I am always looking. Being a new phone and one of the first to get it I am always on the hunt for any minor issue. I can honestly say I haven't found anything wrong with this phone. The battery life is getting better and coming from the Thunderbolt, anything is better then that. Getting a great signal and very fast data speeds.

hnicny

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

i had the same issue the first day i got it. had the phone load my info and apps. Started to text and it froze. had to take out the battery, tried again and it froze once again. So, i did a factory reset...same thing. Went back to my local T-Mobile Store and had it exchanged. Got home, charged it fully and did the whole procedure of loading my info and apps. No problems so far until the screen locked, pushed the power button to check my phone. Did not turn on. Same procedure with factory reset, returned it back to the store. Went to a new store, got the same phone. NO ISSUES...happy camper for now, except for the battery life, upgraded from a Nexus One. Hoping that the HTC Sensation does not give me any issues when it comes out.

mitch10

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine froze several too. It was running just a few apps that I had no problems with on my Galaxy Tab and HD2 with Desire rom. Both of those devises need to be reboot on average of twice a month, but I had 9 freezes in 48 hours on the G2X. In addition, the voice command would pull up an email box or message box with the correct contact's address but wouldn't allow me to input anything by keyboard or voice. It also had trouble with wifi, even really strong signals like at my house. I returned it today wich is disappointing cus I really liked the feel of the phone!

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine froze several too. It was running just a few apps that I had no problems with on my Galaxy Tab and HD2 with Desire rom. Both of those devises need to be reboot on average of twice a month, but I had 9 freezes in 48 hours on the G2X. In addition, the voice command would pull up an email box or message box with the correct contact's address but wouldn't allow me to input anything by keyboard or voice. It also had trouble with wifi, even really strong signals like at my house. I returned it today wich is disappointing cus I really liked the feel of the phone!

It's a newly released phone...what do you expect? Wait until the updates roll out to fix the minor bugs.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
exactly. and it wasn't just freezing. it was turning itself off all together.

and yeah it's awesome! i love it...MUCH better than the MT4G.

knotjeff

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Going on 12 hours now...not a single freeze or battery pull. Guess I got lucky. For anyone's that had the phone since day one...how's the battery life so far?

indelible5

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

That is quite cheap, although if this is correct: http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-m...ail-sales-other-than-t-mobile.html#post839498 it was cheaper at Cell Hub three or so days ago.

On another note, not sure why you posted a price/deal link in a thread regarding exchanges of the device.. perhaps you meant to add it to another thread.. anyhow, good price.

@knotjeff
Some users are giving out their battery experience so far here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-g2x/78614-battery-use.html#post843245

...sigh seems like my links are broken, I fail... gotta get some sleep.
..and now they work, weird.. ok going to bed now, sheesh.

Last edited:

bluecomputertech

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
no need to hate on g2x

Listen android has been doing this long enough.... if any issues that are going on is prob from tmobile loading there software into the phone ..... I don't discount that there is most likely some bugs due to different hardware and etc.... but I would almost 100% guarentee that its a conflict in the tomobile software......

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning mine. Going with the Nexus S instead. Reception jumping back and forth between full 4G, to 2G, to no service; poor battery life.

I charged my G2X three full times yesteday to make it through.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Sent mine back yesterday. A little more buggy than I'd like in a new phone. I don't mind bugs being an early adopter, but they were just too many.

benoit808

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if that's the same issue but 2 nights in a row, I plug the phone in at night to charge it and when I grab it in the morning, it doesn't do anything when pressing the power button. I have to take the battery out and put it back to be able to start it.
It looks like it crashed overnight. The battery is 100% charged though.

computergeek1337

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue!

I bought my lg g2x from tmobile on the 22nd. At first I had no issues whatsoever, the phone ran great and I was very happy with it. A couple hours after I got it, I noticed that sometimes when I would unlock the phone, the screen would just be blank for 10 seconds before it came on. I also have had issues with bad connection to the network, choppy calls, and dropped calls. Yesterday, I was talking with my girlfriend over the phone when the phone just randomly shut itself off. It COMPLETELY turned off and would not turn back on. I tried holding the power button, I tried pressing it lightly, nothing worked.
Solution:
I removed the battery from the back, waited10 seconds, put it back in, and BAM the phone turned right on.
What I am going to do:
I am definitely going into T mobile to get a NEW replacement. Dont let t mobile do that whole "we will get it fixed" bull****. Tell them you have had this issue multiple times and you need a NEW phone. To bad they are closed today or they would be replacing mine. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow though :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800