G2x screen issues/ troubleshooting

android_newbie1027

May 1, 2011
Visit site
week one:

this is my second g2x, anyone know of issues of the screen blacking out and not able to wake it up or rebooting without taking battery out? Im really frustrated at this point do i wait for a software update or return my device.? Im very much in love with everything else but i cant fix issue with screen blackouts.

benoit808

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just came back from my local t-mo store to exchange the phone for this exact reason.
The guy acted surprised (emphasize the "acted" part) when I described the problem. I told him its a known issue reported in multiple forums. His answer: "I don't trust what's online, I only look at what happens in this store". Now, this store sees about 2 customers a day so they probably just sold the last g2x from their 10 units shipment and it's possible that none has been returned yet but I didn't really appreciate the way he questioned the veracity of my problem. Also, he initially took the sim card out of my phone and when he realized that he didn't have another phone to give me, he put the phone back in the box, and threw the sim card in the box with it saying "here is your chip!". Definitely not the best service I've got from t-mo.

Anyway, they ran out of g2x so I'll have to go back next week to exchange it and I sure hope I'll have a different rep because this one just looked like he was pissed off to be working on a Sunday.

Only bummer, I did a factory reset before taking the phone back so now I have to either go through all my settings again for a week use or keep the phone "unconfigured" until I get it exchanged :)

benoit808

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. Hope a new one treats you better.

It's a great phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I am extremely happy with this phone in all aspects. Even if this issue cannot be resolved, it won't stop me from liking it. Everything else is so great that I'm willing to live with it

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
After getting my replacement last Thursday, I just had my first crash. Quite an improvement, and no factory reset this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs