G2x brightness settings

innerdin

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new Android user, and I just bought myself an off-contract G2x. I have not yet put a SIM card in the phone as I would not want AT&T to charge me silly data charges over what I can do on WiFi. After playing around with the phone, I noticed that I could not change the brightness settings.

Under settings>display, the brightness menu/tab/whatever it is, is grayed out with also the screen timeout being grayed out. The only thing I can change is the auto-screen rotation and animation. I did not skip the initial setup, and I'm kinda stuck here.

Anybody? Help please..

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new Android user, and I just bought myself an off-contract G2x. I have not yet put a SIM card in the phone as I would not want AT&T to charge me silly data charges over what I can do on WiFi. After playing around with the phone, I noticed that I could not change the brightness settings.

Under settings>display, the brightness menu/tab/whatever it is, is grayed out with also the screen timeout being grayed out. The only thing I can change is the auto-screen rotation and animation. I did not skip the initial setup, and I'm kinda stuck here.

Anybody? Help please..

Did you actually tap the button? It looks greyed out, but does work, on mine.

innerdin

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you actually tap the button? It looks greyed out, but does work, on mine.

Did tap it, and it still did not get me to the brightness control slider. Though, I guess it was an issue of not having a SIM card in it, 'cause after a while (trying to root this thing and CM7 it - hey, it might work, but I failed terribly so) I decided to just try and stick a SIM in it without registering to T-Mo and brightness control was enabled.

Talk about a major glitch.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...what kind of problems did you have rooting? On this phone it's pretty simple compared to some other phones that are out (looking at you Inspire 4G).

We can start a new thread if we need to so that this thread doesn't have too much going on.

For me it was MUCH harder to flash clockwork using nvflash. Seems that finding the correct driver/files has gotten easier, though. More links have been posted for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs