Screen Bleed

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Ok, so I know this is all over the www - But my G2X, while not nearly as bad as the infamous shot of the poor chap whose screen looks pretty bright-white, has a tinge of "bleeding" in the upper corners - Only noticeable on a black screen in a dark room. While I have read that some customers have returned their devices to T-Mobile and the salesman opened all of the new units, testing them for a good one, I have no intention to nor do I think ANY salesman would agree to doing that. I mean, really...seriously? He's gonna deplete his entire stock looking for a screen that's acceptable to my anal self.

anyway, my question is this - If I do return it (I have only owned it for a day or so), I will just get a different phone (an HTC, or something else). Is it worth returning? Is this a defect or a characteristic of any screen of this type? will it get worse over time?

Thanks

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Ok, so I know this is all over the www - But my G2X, while not nearly as bad as the infamous shot of the poor chap whose screen looks pretty bright-white, has a tinge of "bleeding" in the upper corners - Only noticeable on a black screen in a dark room. While I have read that some customers have returned their devices to T-Mobile and the salesman opened all of the new units, testing them for a good one, I have no intention to nor do I think ANY salesman would agree to doing that. I mean, really...seriously? He's gonna deplete his entire stock looking for a screen that's acceptable to my anal self.

anyway, my question is this - If I do return it (I have only owned it for a day or so), I will just get a different phone (an HTC, or something else). Is it worth returning? Is this a defect or a characteristic of any screen of this type? will it get worse over time?

Thanks

Depends. If it bothers you, you might want to. If it doesn't, just ignore it. My only concern would be that gingerbread has a black notification bar so it might be noticeable.

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
well, it doesnt bother me at all unless im in a pitch balck room with a black screen - which i never ever am. everything i have read points to this being the best phone, well one of the best, on the market. Iknow other dual core devices are slated for release soon and the Atrix does kick butt - But for my unlimited $79.99 T-Mobile plan, I am gonna stick with them. any other devices I should consider there?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well, it doesnt bother me at all unless im in a pitch balck room with a black screen - which i never ever am. everything i have read points to this being the best phone, well one of the best, on the market. Iknow other dual core devices are slated for release soon and the Atrix does kick butt - But for my unlimited $79.99 T-Mobile plan, I am gonna stick with them. any other devices I should consider there?
Not unless you want to wait until the beginning of June for the sensation.

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
my other question is about rate plans - if you know anything about them. T-Mobile's $79 unlimited is hard to beat. But i have 2 of my kids lines on ATT. If I would get the ATRIX, do you think i could get a plan with unlimited texting, at least 4GB of data, and 450-900 minutes for anywhere close to $80? cost of the phones is about the same. hell, they're going to be the same company anyway...right?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
my other question is about rate plans - if you know anything about them. T-Mobile's $79 unlimited is hard to beat. But i have 2 of my kids lines on ATT. If I would get the ATRIX, do you think i could get a plan with unlimited texting, at least 4GB of data, and 450-900 minutes for anywhere close to $80? cost of the phones is about the same. hell, they're going to be the same company anyway...right?

That one's tougher. AT&T's plans are pretty expensive compared to T-mobile, especially when it comes to adding texting, etc.

For what you'd want, it would cost you $105 on AT&T monthly. It breaks down as:

-$29.99 for 450 minutes plus rollover
-$45 for 4GB of data, which DOES include tethering and mobile hotspot (only other plan is 2GB for straight data with no tethering)
-$20 for unlimited messaging

Plus, the Atrix just isn't as good of a device.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yep...thanks. gonna decide tomorrow between the g2X and something else from t-Mo.

The Galaxy S 4G is pretty good if you can live with Samsung. The MyTouch 4G is also a great device, but it does run Sense and is a little older.

If you don't mind a slightly slower processor, you could also get the G2. It has a keyboard, but its pretty good.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That one's tougher. AT&T's plans are pretty expensive compared to T-mobile, especially when it comes to adding texting, etc.

For what you'd want, it would cost you $105 on AT&T monthly. It breaks down as:

-$29.99 for 450 minutes plus rollover
-$45 for 4GB of data, which DOES include tethering and mobile hotspot (only other plan is 2GB for straight data with no tethering)
-$20 for unlimited messaging

Plus, the Atrix just isn't as good of a device.

You could always create a family plan on T-Mobile and still get a pretty darn good deal...The 3000 minute promo plan that they've got going on is really nice. Most people don't come any where close to using that many minutes because it includes the standard unlimited nights, weekends, and T-Mobile to T-Mobile calls, as well as unlimited texting for the whole account, but add a line prices are only $5 and unlimited web for any phone after the first two lines is only $20 instead of $30.

So three lines end up costing you $187 before taxes if you want the full insurance on two devices (as T-Mobile shows it in store bundled) or $175 before taxes without the protection. Then everyone gets their web, their texting, and their minutes. Just a thought :)