I Give Up...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I had returned the G2X a few days ago due to some network issues I was having. Just occasional signal drops, and other similar issues. I ended up switching to an HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon.

However, now that my dual core 'cherry' has been popped, all of the little lags with the Thunderbolt are much more noticeable. They're not unbearable, but they're definitely noticeable and can be really annoying.

So I've decided to swallow whatever issues I was having, and I'm going back to T-mobile to pick up a G2X tomorrow. In my home, where I was having most of the issues, I can use wifi instead of the network for most everything. That should help some, and then hopefully gingerbread will take care of some of the other issues, as will the new tower in my area. (the gingerbread leak is one of the things that made me reconsider staying with Verizon)

cenwesi

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
lol, I guess you haven't being following the XDA threads. There have been couple of roms out now for the G2x. So far i like EaglesBlood rom. The G2x is by far one of the best dual core phones out there.

breaking news. I am now just downloading the G2x gingerbread just released over at XDA. here is the link

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just so we're clear...the leak won't fix any signal issues at all. It's the same baseband and kernel as the Froyo build. So signal issues will still be there...not sure about other issues. I'm flashing it now, but I didn't have any issues in the first place so I won't be able to say whether or not other issues are fixed.

I'm also wondering if CM7 has the same kinds of issues. I haven't flashed that yet, though, because I don't like nightlies.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just so we're clear...the leak won't fix any signal issues at all. It's the same baseband and kernel as the Froyo build. So signal issues will still be there...not sure about other issues. I'm flashing it now, but I didn't have any issues in the first place so I won't be able to say whether or not other issues are fixed.

I'm also wondering if CM7 has the same kinds of issues. I haven't flashed that yet, though, because I don't like nightlies.

Oh I didn't mean that GB would fix the reception issues. I was talking about some of the random reboot issues and other assorted bugs. Most of the signal issues I'm having are just at home anyways, so I'm going to use WiFi more.

BTW: Did they really get rid of LG's awesome camera interface for GB's garbage stock app? If that carries over to the OTA I will never allow it to update. Did they keep the CRT-like screen off animation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs