Battery not charging properly

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Golly, this is my second G2x. I'm frustrated with this phone (yeah it's a beautiful phone, but...).
My problem now is a VERY slow (it took 6 hours!) to charge my phone via USB/PC cable. What gives?

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read USB 2.0 outputs between 100-500mA. Compare that to the charger that came with your phone which puts out 1000mA and my Galaxy S charger that puts out 700mA and you have your answer.

Charge via AC outlet and not USB whenever possible.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
r3g nailed it. PC usb charges at a much lower rate than the AC adapter that came with the phone. I've had my phone plugged into the computer and had it not charge at all because I was also using the phone.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand what you are saying but it is odd that My MT4G, using the same USB via PC, recharged its battery very quickly. Yet my new G2X takes forever.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I have an explanation for it but I can say is because different phones have different hardware you cant expect them to charge at the same rate.

aray213

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Charging

You might want to make sure you have the proper USB drivers installed. It will take longer though on any pc since none will put out the same 1000ma as the charger as said before.