g2x and desktop mode on all browser's

jorge_peralta

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all I had a question with regards to desktop mode on all browsers on my g2x,
I have tried about:debug and changing to desktop but that wont work. Neither in dolphin HD nor on skyfire its really getting annoying. As I preffer viewing pages as their ment and not mobile version. I have also tried to change the useragent string but that doesn't Anything. What gets to me is that my wife's Samsung indulge works fine and my dualcore phone doesn't. I have reset The phone twice and still the same problem. Anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited:

jorge_peralta

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Win didn't work what's odd is the indulge works fine and the software version of dolphin HD is the same as mine and yet g2x is a no go I don't know if its all g2x or just mine.

mags

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Does it automatically take you to mobile versions for all websites?

I only started having this problem today. Until now I've been able to view a favorite tv show online, but now the site automatically redirects me to its mobile version (I think this was their attempt to control the heavy traffic hitting the site and hurting performance). Somehow the site can detect that I'm viewing from a mobile device. "About Debug" was probably intended to change the browser settings so that it appears as a desktop browser to the website, but it doesn't work for our phones because we don't have access to the UAstring command in the settings menu (at least I haven't figured it out yet).

Has anybody solved this?

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try a new browser? CM7 on my previous EVO used a browser very similar to the stock G2X except that it allowed you to change the useragent (desktop, mac, iphone, ipad, etc). Perhaps the CM7 for the G2X uses the same browser...possibly get a apk for it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair