just got g2x on sunday, trying to decide whether i like it or not, here are a few of my issues so far

- USB charging - slow as hell??? whats going on here?? ill have my phone plugged in for 2 hours and itll go up maybe 2-5 %? does this sound right?

- text notifications - i dont get one? i mean, when i check the screen its up on my notification bar but if my phone is locked and unless im staring at my the top of my screen when i receive it, i have no idea i have a text. does anyone know of an app that makes your screen flash or have a light blink or something?

- killing apps - i have a lot of apps running in the background that i do NOT want to come on whatsoever - telenav, app pack by tmobile, anyone know of how i can just get these to not even start up? i have installed 2 different app killers (advanced app killer and task manager) and ive set them to be aggressive and shut apps down, but every time i lock phone / unlock 2 seconds later they are back up. my data usage has gone from 30mb a month (granted, it was a blackberry) to 120mb in 2 days, and im not doing anything i wasnt doing with my blackberry (live receiving emails, facebooked once since sunday, and i think i watched 1 youtube vid, i did dl a bunch of apps though)

-the call quality is terrible.. and sometimes when i answer a call the phone keeps vibrating, screen locks and i cant hang up the phone call without unlocking the screen which leaves for an awkward ending of a call

the text notification thing is really bothering me lol thats enough for me to return it...

any ideas before i say goodbye to the phone >.<
    05-25-2011 01:37 PM
    NoLED for notifications.

USB charging on a computer isn't recommended. It doesn't put out enough power.

Other issues will be ironed out with the first OTA.

Sent from my G2X
    05-25-2011 01:52 PM
    the notification thing is a damn shame > that will drive me batty! thank you for your reply, and the info about the cpu charging (which is also lame - my blackberry went to full in about an hour and a half)

seeing as i really just use a phone for heavy texting and a few calls and light browsing (honestly the rest of the features are for my husband to play around with), i dont think i can justify this price for no notifications for my texts lol
    05-25-2011 01:58 PM
    Answers in bold

just got g2x on sunday, trying to decide whether i like it or not, here are a few of my issues so far

- USB charging - slow as hell??? whats going on here?? ill have my phone plugged in for 2 hours and itll go up maybe 2-5 %? does this sound right?

Usually computers don't provide enough power and this sounds about right.

- text notifications - i dont get one? i mean, when i check the screen its up on my notification bar but if my phone is locked and unless im staring at my the top of my screen when i receive it, i have no idea i have a text. does anyone know of an app that makes your screen flash or have a light blink or something?

Use Handscent for SMS. It's a much better SMS program for Android and it allows for pop ups and screen-on when messages come. Try it. I think you'll like it.

- killing apps - i have a lot of apps running in the background that i do NOT want to come on whatsoever - telenav, app pack by tmobile, anyone know of how i can just get these to not even start up? i have installed 2 different app killers (advanced app killer and task manager) and ive set them to be aggressive and shut apps down, but every time i lock phone / unlock 2 seconds later they are back up. my data usage has gone from 30mb a month (granted, it was a blackberry) to 120mb in 2 days, and im not doing anything i wasnt doing with my blackberry (live receiving emails, facebooked once since sunday, and i think i watched 1 youtube vid, i did dl a bunch of apps though)

Yeah those apps are a pain. You can set your task killer to auto kill those specific apps. This isn't the answer for everything, but I rooted my phone and uninstalled all those apps I don't need. I did it mostly because they would run in the background. Had they not, I wouldn't have uninstalled them.

-the call quality is terrible.. and sometimes when i answer a call the phone keeps vibrating, screen locks and i cant hang up the phone call without unlocking the screen which leaves for an awkward ending of a call

I haven't experienced this. I don't think my lock screen came on when I was on a call. Not sure about this.

the text notification thing is really bothering me lol thats enough for me to return it...

Handscent

any ideas before i say goodbye to the phone >.<
    05-25-2011 02:23 PM
    Oh yeah I forgot....don't use task killers. Android 2.2 has good memory management.
    05-25-2011 04:14 PM
    Sounds like your phone has issues that may require replacement. As far as USB charging, try a different USB port, some ports aren't pushing the power others are. Usually a couple ports on the back of the computer supply good power as opposed to ports on the front.
    05-26-2011 08:08 PM
    05-26-2011 08:45 PM
    As for notification of text's, get the Optimus 2X Touch LED Notifications app from the market.

It lets the bottom touch button lights work as a notification light. You can customize how they pulse and everything. Looks way better than an LED too.

I miss my Evo's charging LED, and you could use Cyanogenmod to have LEDs light different colors, but the nice pulsing lights are way cooler in my opinion.
    05-27-2011 01:27 PM
    Sorry for dumb question ..... OTA?
    05-31-2011 11:39 PM
    OTA = Over The Air. Poster was referring to the software update that will be coming soon to our phones OTA.
    06-01-2011 08:22 AM
    06-07-2011 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD