What I find interesting is that LG seemingly hasn't learned anything from the Sony debacle. Admit the phone has more than just "a few minor issues" and get on with the job of fixing the darn thing. I guess I am lucky in that my G2x has only a couple of minor issues like the email signature... nothing major. But I know their are a lot of people having major issues who really like the phone and are waiting for the OTA. Well LG... get with the program... get the OTA done ... even if you have to roll it out in stages... get the fixes started so consumers have confidence in the fact that you are actually doing something about this. This is not a minor consumer issue... this is a major issue with an expensive phone that simply doesn't work properly.

Bottom line... LG GET IT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-03-2011 05:26 PM
    What I find interesting is that LG seemingly hasn't learned anything from the Sony debacle. Admit the phone has more than just "a few minor issues" and get on with the job of fixing the darn thing. I guess I am lucky in that my G2x has only a couple of minor issues like the email signature... nothing major. But I know their are a lot of people having major issues who really like the phone and are waiting for the OTA. Well LG... get with the program... get the OTA done ... even if you have to roll it out in stages... get the fixes started so consumers have confidence in the fact that you are actually doing something about this. This is not a minor consumer issue... this is a major issue with an expensive phone that simply doesn't work properly.

Bottom line... LG GET IT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You do understand that T-Mobile pushes out the update, and not LG, right? If the leaked GB is anything to go by, its up to T-Mobile now and not LG.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    06-03-2011 06:02 PM
    Since it's so easy to "just get it fixed" maybe you should drop by their office over the week-end so you can help them fix it. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours
    06-03-2011 06:27 PM
    Since it's so easy to "just get it fixed" maybe you should drop by their office over the week-end so you can help them fix it. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours
    No one said it was easy... but they knew of the issues with this phone prior to release. If you don't think so you are living on another planet. And yes, time enough has passed that any number of these issues, such as the email signature problem, could have been fixed with software updates. No one is asking for all the issues to be fixed at one time... but they could have done several updates as they went along.

T-Mobile isn't responsible for fixing these issues... that is LG's problem. Granted, T-Mobile releases them when they are ready... "when they are ready" being the key phrase here.

I am not here to argue with anyone. This issue is very clear. The fact is that both T-Mobile and LG are guilty of a slow response. T-Mobile in not coming out sooner and admitting the phone has some major issues and LG for not getting fixes out way sooner then this. And by-the-way, where are the fixes that are being promised? End of story on that!
    06-03-2011 10:39 PM
    No one said it was easy... but they knew of the issues with this phone prior to release. If you don't think so you are living on another planet. And yes, time enough has passed that any number of these issues, such as the email signature problem, could have been fixed with software updates. No one is asking for all the issues to be fixed at one time... but they could have done several updates as they went along.

T-Mobile isn't responsible for fixing these issues... that is LG's problem. Granted, T-Mobile releases them when they are ready... "when they are ready" being the key phrase here.

I am not here to argue with anyone. This issue is very clear. The fact is that both T-Mobile and LG are guilty of a slow response. T-Mobile in not coming out sooner and admitting the phone has some major issues and LG for not getting fixes out way sooner then this. And by-the-way, where are the fixes that are being promised? End of story on that!
    -Oh really? The O2X has none of these problems, so that's doubtful.
    -The G2X has been in stores since April 20th, that is barely a month and a half. T-mobile and LG have been working on the Gingerbread update, and that is taking (and should take) priority over anything else.
    -Nope. By the time any updates for those issues were tested and pushed out, it would have already time for the Gingerbread release.
    -T-mobile is responsible for some of them, since they mess with the OS as well as LG. T-mobile is ultimately responsible for pushing them out though, and the GB leak proves that LG has done their part.
    -Are you kidding me right now with this garbage? The phone has been out for less than two months. The fact that its getting a major OS update within the first three months pretty much voids your argument. (not that you had one to begin with)
    -Since you apparently can't google this yourself, here you go: Let me google that for you
    06-03-2011 11:32 PM
    I'm gonna chime in here, too, before this gets a little out of hand.

If I were T-Mobile (and I'm not) I would just implement all of the bug fixes in the Gingerbread update. Why fix bugs on Froyo when it's being replaced anyway? So that'll take longer than a "normal" bug fix update.

I'm also sure they are aware of the issues. I don't honestly care if they acknowledge them publicly or not. I know they are there. I know that if I get my phone replaced it could be better, or it could be worse.

I also know that the vast majority of people getting this phone aren't uberusers like we are. Most people would probably never notice the bugs unless they were real bad (like becoming unresponsive while charging, that's getting annoying). And then when people get an update (because again, most people don't read about phones on the internet) and the phone is better they will be amazed.
    06-04-2011 12:22 AM
    -The G2X has been in stores since April 20th, that is barely a month and a half. T-mobile and LG have been working on the Gingerbread update, and that is taking (and should take) priority over anything else.
    -Nope. By the time any updates for those issues were tested and pushed out, it would have already time for the Gingerbread release.
    -T-mobile is responsible for some of them, since they mess with the OS as well as LG. T-mobile is ultimately responsible for pushing them out though, and the GB leak proves that LG has done their part.
    -Are you kidding me right now with this garbage? The phone has been out for less than two months. The fact that its getting a major OS update within the first three months pretty much voids your argument. (not that you had one to begin with)
    -Since you apparently can't google this yourself, here you go: Let me google that for you

Having grown up in the electronics industry (my Dad was an executive for 18 years for one of the worlds largest electronics manufacturers) I can tell you without question that these companies know when something is released with software bugs. And if you don't think that is the case... then you really are living on another planet!

Now, I might agree that some of the sofware issus with the G2x fall on T-Mobile's shoulders. Yes, they fool around the basic package and add programs and other tweaks that may effect the software. But the number of issues with this phone go far beyond what T-Moible could do to it. The phone becoming totally inoperable when the charger is pluged in... come on... that is not a T-Mobile issue. The random reboots and shut downs during phone calls... again, I would find it very hard to believe that these issues can be laid at T-Mobile's front door. The fact is that the phone was released to early and not enough testing was done with the OS to insure it was fairly bullet proof prior to release.

Ok... so now the call is for the plethera of current issues be fixed in the upcoming Gingerbread release. And that was coming out when... Summer? Right! With all the fixes that have to be integrated into Gingerbread who knows when it will show up. Granted, it may seem a waste of time fixing issues that reside in the current OS vs. waiting for an upcoming release... but take into consideration all of those who are dealing with some fairly serious problems. Why should they wait for another one or two months to get their phones fixed? That is my argument in a nut shell. Neither T-Mobile or LG have the right to ask consumers with faulty equipment to wait on a new OS with a phantom release date. I guarantee if you had a new car with major software issues and the manufacturer told you to "have faith" a new software package is coming sometime this Summer... you would have a complete fit and most likely push them to replace the car or do some sort of work around on the software so your car operates properly. Personally, I could care less about Gingerbread... I like 2.2. I just want it to work the way it is supposed to work.

Like I said earlier... I am not here to argue with anyone. I just want LG and T-Mobile to do what is right. And that is to fix the phones sooner than later. As consumers we have the right to a product that operates as advertised and not have to wait for "phantom" fixes that may or may not show up.
    06-04-2011 04:15 PM
    @wezra What exactly are your issues. Maybe there are some fixes out there we can help you will. My g2x is absolutely flawless. I don't think these issues are on the majority of phones. For the email signature issue, I would suggest you download k9mail from the market.
    06-04-2011 07:42 PM

Having grown up in the electronics industry (my Dad was an executive for 18 years for one of the worlds largest electronics manufacturers) I can tell you without question that these companies know when something is released with software bugs. And if you don't think that is the case... then you really are living on another planet!

Now, I might agree that some of the sofware issus with the G2x fall on T-Mobile's shoulders. Yes, they fool around the basic package and add programs and other tweaks that may effect the software. But the number of issues with this phone go far beyond what T-Moible could do to it. The phone becoming totally inoperable when the charger is pluged in... come on... that is not a T-Mobile issue. The random reboots and shut downs during phone calls... again, I would find it very hard to believe that these issues can be laid at T-Mobile's front door. The fact is that the phone was released to early and not enough testing was done with the OS to insure it was fairly bullet proof prior to release.

Ok... so now the call is for the plethera of current issues be fixed in the upcoming Gingerbread release. And that was coming out when... Summer? Right! With all the fixes that have to be integrated into Gingerbread who knows when it will show up. Granted, it may seem a waste of time fixing issues that reside in the current OS vs. waiting for an upcoming release... but take into consideration all of those who are dealing with some fairly serious problems. Why should they wait for another one or two months to get their phones fixed? That is my argument in a nut shell. Neither T-Mobile or LG have the right to ask consumers with faulty equipment to wait on a new OS with a phantom release date. I guarantee if you had a new car with major software issues and the manufacturer told you to "have faith" a new software package is coming sometime this Summer... you would have a complete fit and most likely push them to replace the car or do some sort of work around on the software so your car operates properly. Personally, I could care less about Gingerbread... I like 2.2. I just want it to work the way it is supposed to work.

Like I said earlier... I am not here to argue with anyone. I just want LG and T-Mobile to do what is right. And that is to fix the phones sooner than later. As consumers we have the right to a product that operates as advertised and not have to wait for "phantom" fixes that may or may not show up.
    'Phantom'? The gingerbread update is almost ready to go. Click that link I gave you. It'll be out before July and will fix all of the issues. You need to take a deep breath and be patient.

06-04-2011 07:56 PM
    Hope it releases soon
    06-05-2011 06:22 AM
    After a few days with my G2x I'm loving it! The only issue I've found is the email sig bug. Patiently waiting for the Gingerbread update this summer.
    06-05-2011 12:54 PM
    After a few days with my G2x I'm loving it! The only issue I've found is the email sig bug. Patiently waiting for the Gingerbread update this summer.
    You can root and flash a ROM with the bug fix already there, or you can use a third party email app like Maildroid or K-9.
    06-05-2011 02:04 PM
    You can root and flash a ROM with the bug fix already there, or you can use a third party email app like Maildroid or K-9.
    Thanks a ton for the suggestions!! I'll have to try one of those email apps.
    06-06-2011 08:06 AM
    'Phantom'? The gingerbread update is almost ready to go. Click that link I gave you. It'll be out before July and will fix all of the issues. You need to take a deep breath and be patient.

You say Gingerbread is "almost ready to go"..... do you have any difinative dates for "ready to go" part? And, are you absolutely sure it will fix "all" the issues. I honestly hope so. The G2x is a fantastic phone... but as I have always stated (jimo) it was released too soon. More work should have been done on the OS prior to turning it loose at retail. Unlike some, I am not going to take mine back and wait for the Sensation... I have had 3 HTC phones and although I liked them, my personal feeling is that the LG is a better built machine. I think the potential of the G2x will really be exploited when the bugs are fixed and the phone goes moves on to Gingerbread.

And again, my intent was not to get into any long running arguments here... just express my feeling that LG and T-Mobile should have done much more testing prior to releasing the phone with the current software package on it. We all deserve products that work properly out of the gate.
    06-06-2011 01:09 PM
    If you think that LG has a better build, why get the Sensation?
    06-06-2011 08:26 PM
    He said he's not getting the sensation.

06-06-2011 10:00 PM
    You say Gingerbread is "almost ready to go"..... do you have any difinative dates for "ready to go" part? And, are you absolutely sure it will fix "all" the issues. I honestly hope so. The G2x is a fantastic phone... but as I have always stated (jimo) it was released too soon. More work should have been done on the OS prior to turning it loose at retail. Unlike some, I am not going to take mine back and wait for the Sensation... I have had 3 HTC phones and although I liked them, my personal feeling is that the LG is a better built machine. I think the potential of the G2x will really be exploited when the bugs are fixed and the phone goes moves on to Gingerbread.

And again, my intent was not to get into any long running arguments here... just express my feeling that LG and T-Mobile should have done much more testing prior to releasing the phone with the current software package on it. We all deserve products that work properly out of the gate.
    The leak fixed all of them and it wasn't even finished.

What's interesting is that a lot of people don't have the issues you've mentioned. Clearly they don't affect everyone, which is why you haven't heard an uproar. The biggest issues I've heard about are build related, which won't be fixed unless you get a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-06-2011 10:08 PM
    The lg has fantastic build. Easily the best out of anything short of an iPhone 4. Personally, I think the sensation will be even better...

06-06-2011 10:09 PM
    The lg has fantastic build. Easily the best out of anything short of an iPhone 4. Personally, I think the sensation will be even better...

The iPhone 4 doesn't count. It has the antenna issue. So for me that's some of the worst build quality out there. :P

LG has awesome build quality, and so does HTC. Both are very solid phones.

And the Gingerbread leak didn't fix all the issues for me. It just made them happen a lot less.
    06-06-2011 11:31 PM
    The iPhone 4 doesn't count. It has the antenna issue. So for me that's some of the worst build quality out there. :P

LG has awesome build quality, and so does HTC. Both are very solid phones.

And the Gingerbread leak didn't fix all the issues for me. It just made them happen a lot less.
    Haha. Well let me put it this way. If I wanted an iOS phone, Apple could charge $600 on contract for an iPhone 4 and I wouldn't mind. Yes, it feels like its worth that much.

The LG is the closest I've found to that so far.
    06-07-2011 12:30 AM
    I read a rumor on one of my Pulse android community feeds that the Gingerbread update for the G2x is coming next week. Operative word there is "rumor."
    06-07-2011 07:57 AM
    Haha. Well let me put it this way. If I wanted an iOS phone, Apple could charge $600 on contract for an iPhone 4 and I wouldn't mind. Yes, it feels like its worth that much.

The LG is the closest I've found to that so far.
    If I could get an iphone with an official build of android on it i would.
    iOS is not worth $600 imo, though. Especially considering they copied android/google with most of what they announced.

06-07-2011 12:11 PM
    If I could get an iphone with an official build of android on it i would.
    iOS is not worth $600 imo, though. Especially considering they copied android/google with most of what they announced.

Oh I don't care much about the copying. Icloud is intriguing, and certainly a more comprehensive and vertical solution than googles. (And Google's is pretty damn good) ios 5 also fixed a lot of the little annoyances. Still wont buy an iPhone though; ios still isn't vastly different than the original, and it gets boring if you like to tinker.

06-07-2011 07:40 PM
    Oh I don't care much about the copying. Icloud is intriguing, and certainly a more comprehensive and vertical solution than googles. (And Google's is pretty damn good) ios 5 also fixed a lot of the little annoyances. Still wont buy an iPhone though; ios still isn't vastly different than the original, and it gets boring if you like to tinker.

Googles just takes more separate apps as opposed to it being baked in to the OS.

Your other points are reasons I wouldn't want iOS also. Even jailbroken it'll get boring.

06-08-2011 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD