T mobile thoughts?

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys. I'm getting the Note 2 irrespective of carrier. That said, I'm currently with Verizon...but evaluating my options before getting locked in. I have three lines on my plan and T-mobile offered a pretty good monthly alternative.

Since I assume most of you guys have or have had T Mobile, how would you rate the coverage/service/value to, say, Verizon. For what it's worth, I'm in Northern NJ, less than 20 miles outside of NYC.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks.

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to your area of New Jersey i can only say that Tmobile is fantastic here in New York City. I was a Verizon customer from December 15th to June 28th. I had the Verizon Galaxy Nexus which launched with 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich and was Verizon's first Galaxy Nexus device. What a pure disaster it was poor reception and dreadful signal strength my dBm/asu was extremely poor always flipping from 4g Lte to 3G to 1X never stable regardless of where I was. Coverage maps claimed excellent Lte in my home and work areas where turned out to be a pitiful lie. I took the original handset back December 24th for a new device to know avail still the same problems. Verizon stated to me a software update would arrive to take care of the issues. I hung in there thinking that would happen and was happy to be on Verizon thinking leaving Sprint for the best carrier provider would be a great move oh well. Verizon never got that update out till June 4th 2012 buy that time I was so pissed that was it for me. I kicked Verizon to the curb June 28th for Tmobile and ever sense I have been extremely happy with my current Galaxy S3. I will be purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tmobile November 1st and boy I am excited. Paying the most money doesn't mean the best I am doing things with my Galaxy S3 that I wasn't able to do with my cdma Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I also realized that gsm technology is far better than cdma used on Verizon and Sprint. The overall GSM frequency of Tmobile is stronger than the lower frequency used on Verizon so it goes through walls better. Tmobile and At@t are GSM providers while Verizon and Sprint are cdma providers. If you get a good signal in New Jersey then go for Tmobile your monthly bill will be better. Tmobile and it's GSM HSPA PLUS 42MPS network simply blows Verizon out of the water and hspa plus handsets on Tmobile enjoy such greater battery life than Verizon and it's battery draining LTE network. Plus Tmobile has a bright future with it's upcoming LTE ADVANCED 10 NETWORK coming in may 2013. Tmobile and it's network will be back hauled to it's current HSPA PLUS 42MPS network which will offer Tmobile the best future Lte network. Good luck on your choice my friend.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that, because t mobile made me an offer I couldn't resist.

I talked to Verizon and they weren't very helpful. I'm going with the t mobile deal. They're paying my ETF, giving me a free GS3 for my wife, a free texting phone for my kid, and the new note 2 for $49 with no activation costs. And my monthly bill will be $20 less. I'll try it for a few days before switching the number to make sure the coverage is okay for me.... But it was a no brainer since Verizon wouldn't do anything for me. I've been with them since the early 90s, too. I tried.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow great deals my friend. I really hope it all works out for you. Tmobile has been wonderful to me so far and my bill is 77 dollars plus insurance every month. The Galaxy Note 2 will be my second line on Tmobile November 1st. I love my unlimited data it's great.. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have both T-Mobile & Verizon, my speeds on T-Mobile are much faster and reliable then Verizon. (Suburb of Boston) You can not beat their plans, I highly recommend T-Mobile.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Is the tmobile customer service good I've read reports that its ranked number four and thats one the things that makes me think.twice about sprint

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

j556x45

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Is the tmobile customer service good I've read reports that its ranked number four and thats one the things that makes me think.twice about sprint

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

T-mobile customer service is the best. I deal with every carrier and nobody beats t-mobile in customer service.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

g77rvd

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was currently with Verizon as well but decided on going with t-mobile for the note 2. Never have been able to get a signal with verizon in my house (just moved here in July) t-mobile not only had the phone I wanted with a plan priced competively, I can now get calls in my home (san antonio, tx). They also offer the free wifi calling so even if i was not able to get signal in my home or work i could utilize that to make and receive calls when needed.

Dat_guy_Juan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I will be switching to T-Mobile soon. I can't stand Sprint dial up speeds no more. I pay too much for horrible network that I have to go outside and make/receive calls

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
In sprint defense nv probably is the culprit because Chicago is post nv and 3g is 1mb down and lte mostly everywhere

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
T mobile is great when you can get a signal.

Here in Atlanta their signal sucks inside buildings, kinda like Sprint 4G 2 years ago.

Whenever you get a signal t mobile is great, it's that other time that's going to make you hate it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THE SCHUNTZ

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
How did you get that deal? I want to switch to t mobile ASAP, I have Verizon and one of my phones is month to month..Thanks..

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear that, because t mobile made me an offer I couldn't resist.

I talked to Verizon and they weren't very helpful. I'm going with the t mobile deal. They're paying my ETF, giving me a free GS3 for my wife, a free texting phone for my kid, and the new note 2 for $49 with no activation costs. And my monthly bill will be $20 less. I'll try it for a few days before switching the number to make sure the coverage is okay for me.... But it was a no brainer since Verizon wouldn't do anything for me. I've been with them since the early 90s, too. I tried.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

How did you get that deal? I want to switch to t mobile ASAP, I have Verizon and one of my phones is month to month..Thanks..

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i went to the tmobile store today to try out the note2, i currently have verizon
worker hands me one, tried to load up AC to get a feel for how it looks but the page wouldn't load
asked him what's wrong, he turns to me and says "ya, its hard to get service inside the store"

I know that's just one isolated incident, but still...kind of embarrassing if u ask me

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha I BEEN said that's one of tmo BIGGEST drawbacks building Penetration

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I love T-Mobile...45$ for unlimited everything - can't complain especially when my brother pays 120$/mos for unlimited everything on his Sprint iPhone!

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped by a store just to check out how the note would fit into my jeans, and bumped into the business sales manager. He asked if I had a business id... My wife recently filed for one. He was interested in getting me to move over my lines and we traded some calls. I told him to give me his best offer and he came through with more than I expected. Verizon did nothing for me, so I asked a bit more of the Tmo guy, telling him that I was pissed at Verizon and this was his shot...finally, I bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui