I've browsed through some of the threads on other forums and would like some input from you as well. My father is very interested in the original Note. Of course he only knows it as the "phone with the big screen". He is in is early 60's but is a gadget nut to the core. His first real smart phone was an iPhone 4 he acquired recently. Since he is with T-Mobile, I told him that there was a newer Note that had just came out. I plan on purchasing it for him, but want to make sure he will be satisfied long term. Based on what I've read in the formal reviews, I don't see him getting bored with this device while exploring its features. Also the larger screen will be better for his eyes when reading web pages, etc. I'm sure he will love utilizing the S-Pen as well. My only concern is that he uses a lot of talk time on his phone. I'm not sure how comfortable the Note 2 would be when using it to make calls on a regular basis (given its size). So for those who already have one, do you find it cumbersome using it as a phone often? Do you personally feel that this (in theory) is a phone that you will own for more than 2 years? Lastly, if any of you have previously owned an iPhone, what was it like making the transition to the Android OS?

Thanks in advance.
    10-30-2012 01:30 PM
    This is a perfect phone for old and young alike. The speed of it blows away the Note 1, simply because asides from the sheer speed, it is virtually LAG-FREE...when you are trying to learn a new op sys and there's lag (as in Note 1)....when buttons delay and u are already are trying something else, then the press registers, then you don't know what you pressed, what worked, what didn't, making learning a new phone very frustrating. None of that here.

Also, the Note 2 (as with MOST phones running TouchWiz allows the user a choice of font sizes, the Note II in particular allows the user to pick from Tiny, Small, Normal, Large HUGE Text sizes.

Transitioning to Android can be really easy if you remember ONE thing.. When in doubt, look for a menu key and LONG press it...Also make sure he's not afraid to delete unwanted icons when he accidently creates an unwanted shortcut. PPl new to Android tend to create a home screen mess and then don't realize EVEN if they trash the icons, the app will always be accessible in app draw....

Personally i think the easiest way to help him set up new phone is with a few select folders on the dektop that contain "like-minded" applications, to make it easier for him at first to find stuff.....Hope these tips help...
    10-30-2012 08:54 PM
    Thank you so much for explaining this. I think the font size shouldn't be a problem for him now, since it can be changed. Looks like he's going to be the first Android convert in the family :-)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 08:02 AM
    Just recieved my note2 yesturday. Multi screen not working. Called samsung tech and they told me I have the updated firmware. Called Tmobile tech support and they have their thumbs up there arses. Tech didnt have a note2 to test. They proceeded to tell me they tested multiscreen with a galaxy s2 and it worked? Been with Tmobile almost 8 years and today I have heard it all.
    10-31-2012 11:24 AM