Hoping someone has encountered and solved this. I know that T-Mobile added Avast as part of the bloatware on our GN2. I have Handcent installed and Avast does not want Handcent installed on the same device. I have never activated Avast, but about every week or so Avast throws a notification asking me to uninstall Handcent, which of course I dismiss, but it keeps coming back. I would uninstall or disable Avast (I dont want to use it) but I cant find it. It's not in the app tray. when i go to manage applications it's not under any of the three tabs.

Anyone else having this issue? Could it have some other process name?

Help, I am tired of being awaken at o'dark hundred by a notification for an application I am not even running.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    01-18-2013 10:26 PM
    Have you tried going to Settings>Application Manager>"All">Avast, and see if you can uninstall it from there?
    01-19-2013 12:11 PM
    Cuda, yes I did, it's not there, which is really strange. It's like I somehow deleted the app, but it's still there. I have done several battery pulls, it keeps coming back, yet I cant find it on the phone.
    01-20-2013 01:28 AM
    Root, rom, gone
    Root, titanium backup, uninstall

Avast is the best tho

Sent from my SGH-T889
    01-21-2013 04:44 PM
    Hoping someone has encountered and solved this. I know that T-Mobile added Avast as part of the bloatware on our GN2. I have Handcent installed and Avast does not want Handcent installed on the same device. I have never activated Avast, but about every week or so Avast throws a notification asking me to uninstall Handcent, which of course I dismiss, but it keeps coming back. I would uninstall or disable Avast (I dont want to use it) but I cant find it. It's not in the app tray. when i go to manage applications it's not under any of the three tabs.

Anyone else having this issue? Could it have some other process name?

Help, I am tired of being awaken at o'dark hundred by a notification for an application I am not even running.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    Why do you say T-mobile added Avast? I see no indication of it. Could it be a defect in Handcent?
    01-23-2013 12:26 PM
    I had actually read on XDA that T-Mobile added it. I do remember seeing it as an app on day 1 (i have never used it). I thought I deleted it. but about once a week or so, i do get a notification saying it wants me to delete handcent. Next time it shows up, I will take a screenshot, maybe I am reading it wrong.
    01-23-2013 08:37 PM
    I don't have Avast installed on my Note 2. Weird.
    01-30-2013 06:51 PM