Swiftkey vs Samsung Keyboard vs Swype

bwwhite

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I used the Samsung keyboard, then switched to Swype for a while and now I've been trying Swiftkey (flow). I love the whole swiping concept of entering text!

One interesting thing about the Samsung keyboard--no matter how carefully I swipe the word "Jesus", the Samsung keyboard will NOT recognize it! It comes out Jays or Kraus. Neither the Swype nor the Swiftkey keyboards have a problem with "Jesus"--only Samsung. I discovered this one Sunday when I had to switch from my iPad to my Note 2 as I was taking notes and the iPad gave me a low power warning. A quick sync from my Olive Tree Bible app on the iPad, then on the Note 2 and I was back in business without missing a beat! Love my Note 2!

note2usr2013

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used the Samsung keyboard, then switched to Swype for a while and now I've been trying Swiftkey (flow). I love the whole swiping concept of entering text!

One interesting thing about the Samsung keyboard--no matter how carefully I swipe the word "Jesus", the Samsung keyboard will NOT recognize it! It comes out Jays or Kraus. Neither the Swype nor the Swiftkey keyboards have a problem with "Jesus"--only Samsung. I discovered this one Sunday when I had to switch from my iPad to my Note 2 as I was taking notes and the iPad gave me a low power warning. A quick sync from my Olive Tree Bible app on the iPad, then on the Note 2 and I was back in business without missing a beat! Love my Note 2!

note2usr2013

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The inability to Swype the Name "Jesus" is malicious and deliberate. Even if you add the word to your custom dictionary, Swype deletes it. I attempt to Swype that name often as I am a Christian but it always reverts back to "Kraus" (I simply Swyped the name to enter that for this post). Interestingly, "Allah" works just fine. Infuriating that Samsung would choose to use my personal technology to subliminally promote their own ideologies.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have always liked Swype over Swiftkey on other phones that I have had, but when I got the Note 2 and the Samsung keyboard has the swipe thing going on, I just kept using the Samsung keyboard. The thing that puts the Samsung keyboard at the top of my list is the fact that you have a dedicated row for numbers, as opossed to long pressing a key to get the number to type.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't use other keyboards but I am Curious to Know what happens when you take out the S-pen to handwrite? Does the handwriting box still appear?

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Stylus beta is pretty neat if works better than any handwriting app I've were used. still makes more errors than other QWERTY keyboards but, it's neat how can just write. The Greeks are not wd supported but numbers are. I 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. Easy to write. the text prediction is good as well

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The inability to Swype the Name "Jesus" is malicious and deliberate....it always reverts back to "Kraus"
I have no problem writing Jesus, it even auto capitalizes it for me. I can even write his name in Spanish Jes?s with no problem.

I think you've shadowed the name,possibly through some guilty conscience.

Confession and removing the shadow shall get you spelling Jesus again. Swype the word Kraus highlight it and hit the gesture button and it should delete it.