Water Damage?

Andy Fothergill

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i dropped my 24 day old phone in the toilet (was in there for all of 2 seconds). I managed to get the cover and battery out fairly quick and dry the phone under a hand dryer.
i have since left the phone in an airing cupboard for 2 days and it turns on but with very limited screen access (can't unlock the screen). I'm prepared for the worse but am looking for the water damage indicator and wondering what colour it sould be as i think i have found mine on the back of the phone and its all white. Looking on the web i'm led to believe that it should be red if it has water damage?

so basically........ where is the water damage sticker and what colour should it be? images greatly appreciated

thanks

ps. (not sure if this will work but) this is the back of my galaxy note II

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
no water damage > white with red X marks

Water Damage should bed reddish / pink

you should have placed your phone in ziplock bag of rice to draw out any moisture.

Andy Fothergill

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
yeah i've since read that which is why im pretty sure i'm screwed but as the sticker looks white to me i was unsure as to the level of damage and whether i'd get away with blagging the phone is faulty haha.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Stick it in a bag of rice over night to pull out any remaining moisture. You shouldnt have used a hand dryer as it could have fried the phone, and you shouldnt have turned the phone on as it could short out. Just my expierence with being a clutz lol

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon