Network unlock code

al.csar

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I got this TMo GNote 2, and want to purchase a Sim subsidy unlock code but according to this website if the Android is not 4.1.1 it will not work, Im running T889UVBMB4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Unlocking Issue! | CellUnlocker.net for Unlock Codes

Does anyone know if this is true? Or should I purchase the code?

Also found this pound code to unblock it but I havent tried it yet...
Free UNLOCK N7105 - xda-developers

Any one have experience any issue with the code running 4.1.2?

I have no experiences with the note 2 personally but it should be easy for you to do a back up (nandroid) of your current setup and flashback to the old firmware via appropriate method to either buy the unlock code to unlock the device or use the free method. A lot of carriers pushed some baseband patches to block unlock codes I assume so flashing back should fix it!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't say where you are but you should know that it is illegal to unlock your phone without your carrier's permission in the USA. With that said I contacted T-mobile and said I wanted to be able to use my phone during a trip overseas and they sent me the unlock code and instructions for free.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it? I mean, you paid full price for it. Android is all about being free.

It's not an Android issue, it affects all phones now. If you have paid cash and paid in full, the Carrier is legally obligated to provide you a free Sim Unlock code. If you got your phone on the classic plan, and still owe for the phone, the carrier is not required to unlock it, but T-Mobile will typically allow you to unlock it if a) your account is in good standing and b) you give them a valid reason, such as traveling overseas.

Th3Myth

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
To answer the OP... if you have the latest update, (4.1.2), the unlock will not work... I got my unlock code from Tmobile themselves and it still didn't work... but what I did do was just flashed the modem from LJ1, used the unlock code they provided me with, which did work this time, and then flashed back the MB4 modem and it remained unlocked... Hope that helps

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
To answer the OP... if you have the latest update, (4.1.2), the unlock will not work... I got my unlock code from Tmobile themselves and it still didn't work... but what I did do was just flashed the modem from LJ1, used the unlock code they provided me with, which did work this time, and then flashed back the MB4 modem and it remained unlocked... Hope that helps
Did you request an unlock code after the update or before? If before but did the update before using the code then you may need a new code.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a source for this information? I would love to read it stated so broadly as you did here.
I intentionally made the post simple and broad so people that were interested could do their own research and not just go by what I said. It is a quite complicated read but this quote from the following link kind of says it....
You can read the full docket here but, in short, it is illegal to unlock a phone from a carrier unless you have that carrier's permission to do so. If you're wondering what this has to do with copyright, it turns out not much.
It's Now Illegal to Unlock Your Cellphone - ABC News
BTW I did not remember the source so I did a simple search on Google for "USA unlock phone law" and the forth link down gave me the quote.

al.csar

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I sadly have to agree with @donec on this one, ONLY devices manufactured after Jan 20 something are not suppose to be unlocked unless approved by manufacturer.

Anyways this post was intended to find out if the code (provided or not by the manufacturer) works on the device after a software update. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I sadly have to agree with @donec on this one, ONLY devices manufactured after Jan 20 something are not suppose to be unlocked unless approved by manufacturer.

Anyways this post was intended to find out if the code (provided or not by the manufacturer) works on the device after a software update. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
Maybe you could ask T-mobile if getting a T-mobile update could make an unlock code invalid?

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

As he stated it, it is illegal. Period. He gave no more details. That is misleadingly wrong. It's only illegal if done without the carrier's permission.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You should know in the USA it is illegal to unlock your phone without your carriers permission.

You don't say where you are but you should know that it is illegal to unlock your phone without your carrier's permission in the USA. With that said I contacted T-mobile and said I wanted to be able to use my phone during a trip overseas and they sent me the unlock code and instructions for free.

As he stated it, it is illegal. Period. He gave no more details. That is misleadingly wrong. It's only illegal if done without the carrier's permission.

deathbysnoosnoo you have miss quoted me. I did not mislead anyone. As you can see in the quoted post that I said it is illegal to unlock your phone without your carrier's permission twice.

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
deathbysnoosnoo you have miss quoted me. I did not mislead anyone. As you can see in the quoted post that I said it is illegal to unlock your phone without your carrier's permission twice.

This is what I'm getting at here:

"then you should know that starting today it is illegal to unlock a subsidized phone or tablet that's bought through a U.S. carrier."

Subsidized is the keyword here. Saying it is illegal with no clarification is only partially correct. It would be like saying carrying a gun is illegal in the U. S. It's only illegal when certain criteria is meet. Like carrying a gun in to a bar.

So in our case here it's only illegal if you bought a subsidized phone from a U.S. carrier.

That's all I was trying to say donec. I'm done thread jacking :)

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This is what I'm getting at here:

"then you should know that starting today it is illegal to unlock a subsidized phone or tablet that's bought through a U.S. carrier."

Subsidized is the keyword here. Saying it is illegal with no clarification is only partially correct. It would be like saying carrying a gun is illegal in the U. S. It's only illegal when certain criteria is meet. Like carrying a gun in to a bar.

So in our case here it's only illegal if you bought a subsidized phone from a U.S. carrier.

That's all I was trying to say donec. I'm done thread jacking :)
If you bought a non subsidized phone then you would not have to unlock it as it would not be locked by a carrier and you would not need their permission.

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If you bought a non subsidized phone then you would not have to unlock it as it would not be locked by a carrier and you would not need their permission.

I have a new note 2 from T-Mobile that was subsidized for one month. I then paid it off in full. The phone is still locked, unfortunately.

The same would be true if I bought a used T-Mobile note 2 from a site like www.swappa.com. The phone would still be locked and would need to be unlocked if you wanted to use it on AT&T.

Will they unlock it for free now that it's paid off? Most likely. I read of at least one case where they wouldn't though. Dumb employee most likely.