Recently my camera on my Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) started acting up.
    The display is 1/2 size, turned 90%, all the control buttons are changed. I'm entirely unable to take pictures because there's no shooting button. See attached screenshot.

- I tried downloading another camera app (CameraMX), thinking it would repair the problem, but it's identical.
    - If I use a "cam" program such as Skype, both the front and rear cameras work fine (full screen display), so it must be something with the camera interface to android.
    - I've tried rebooting the phone, and I get the normal display/buttons for about 10 seconds, then it reverts to the bad display.

Any suggestions? Is there a way of "resetting" just the camera app? I've scoured the blogs anf forums, finding nothing. I'm afraid if I call T-Mobile, they'll tell me to reset the phone, but it would take me a week to re-setup the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera app on GN2 - no full-screen display-screenshot_2013-04-25-11-08-51.png  
    04-26-2013 07:21 PM

Any suggestions? Is there a way of "resetting" just the camera app? I've scoured the blogs anf forums, finding nothing. I'm afraid if I call T-Mobile, they'll tell me to reset the phone, but it would take me a week to re-setup the phone.
    Forgive me if you already know this, but have you tried
    Menu | manage apps | camera | clear data ?

Not convinced it will work, but it's the closest thing to the app reset you asked for.

from tapatalk (Galaxy Note 2)
    04-27-2013 04:33 AM

Not convinced it will work, but it's the closest thing to the app reset you asked for.

I've cleared data, removed all apps that's were installed since the problem started and rebooted the phone. Interestingly, immediately after reboot the camera display was normal fullscreen for about 10 seconds, which made me wonder if it was Locale or Tasker messing with it. I've done nothing with camera settings tho.
    04-27-2013 06:44 AM
    Here's a painful way to figure out your problem. Remove all your apps, reboot,and check the camera. If it's good to go, add your apps back a few at a time. After adding 3 or 4, check the camera and see if it works properly.

Not sure if you've tried a factory reset but that's another option

Sent from my Nexus 7
    chgomaverick and fratermus like this.
    04-27-2013 07:01 AM
    *** UPDATE NEWEST
    The newest update to Rotate Control (fame-it.net) has caused my camera to rotate and be UNUSABLE . I have uninstalled it and my camera is fine. I've emailed the developer.
    fratermus likes this.
    04-27-2013 07:09 AM