Any news?

Mighty Note II
    07-10-2013 11:31 AM
    It seems Samsung doesn't care much about keeping they're customers that own Samsung's current flagship phones happy. This update was supposed to be released back in May and June at the latest.

With the Note 3 being released in early September it seems with the way Samsung releases updates. Then T-Mobile will add there bloatware and make sure everything is working with they're software/bloatware. It will be sent back out to Samsung and then rechecked. Once that crazy long process is over. They will start rolling out the update.

So with only a few months before the Note 3 is released. They basically pushed the Note 2 update to the side. If we don't get the update far before the Note 3 is released, I'm done with Samsung. I'm just sick and tired of delayed updates because Samsung is to busy releasing new phone's. So rather then Samsung work on updates for our device they are working on new phone's to release instead. So our update gets pushed to the side.

This is why if we don't get our update very soon, I'm done with Samsung as I said before. LG, HTC. and Motorola are releasing some nice stuff and more is yet to come. If you look at the HTC One, it's getting 4.2.2 rolled out as I type. Samsung has had much more time prepping 4.2.2 for the Note 2 and our update is still TBD.

I love my Note 2 and would hate to have to leave Samsung behind. I just don't like the way they are doing things at all. Samsung doesn't care about the customer's that already own there top device's. They show this by not updating our phones in a timely manner. They keep us in the dark and as soon as they start working on the next version of our device. They push updates to our devices to the side.

I would love to say Samsung is working hard on getting our device updated. But if they where, we would be hearing about the update for our Note 2 rather then the Note 3. I mean really, even if the delay was true. It wouldn't take 4 months to fix it. Samsung is the biggest phone company in the world. Why not hire a few more people to get the update out on time. It's not like they don't have the money.
    biggeno313, Deanig_12 and JoeyyNY like this.
    07-12-2013 07:02 AM
    It seems Samsung doesn't care much about keeping they're customers that own Samsung's current flagship phones happy. This update was supposed to be released back in May and June at the latest.

With the Note 3 being released in early September it seems with the way Samsung releases updates. Then T-Mobile will add there bloatware and make sure everything is working with they're software/bloatware. It will be sent back out to Samsung and then rechecked. Once that crazy long process is over. They will start rolling out the update.

So with only a few months before the Note 3 is released. They basically pushed the Note 2 update to the side. If we don't get the update far before the Note 3 is released, I'm done with Samsung. I'm just sick and tired of delayed updates because Samsung is to busy releasing new phone's. So rather then Samsung work on updates for our device they are working on new phone's to release instead. So our update gets pushed to the side.

This is why if we don't get our update very soon, I'm done with Samsung as I said before. LG, HTC. and Motorola are releasing some nice stuff and more is yet to come. If you look at the HTC One, it's getting 4.2.2 rolled out as I type. Samsung has had much more time prepping 4.2.2 for the Note 2 and our update is still TBD.

I love my Note 2 and would hate to have to leave Samsung behind. I just don't like the way they are doing things at all. Samsung doesn't care about the customer's that already own there top device's. They show this by not updating our phones in a timely manner. They keep us in the dark and as soon as they start working on the next version of our device. They push updates to our devices to the side.

I would love to say Samsung is working hard on getting our device updated. But if they where, we would be hearing about the update for our Note 2 rather then the Note 3. I mean really, even if the delay was true. It wouldn't take 4 months to fix it. Samsung is the biggest phone company in the world. Why not hire a few more people to get the update out on time. It's not like they don't have the money.
    This is BS, Do they expect us to change phones every 3 months? I am considering a switch to HTC also.

Mighty Note II
    07-12-2013 10:01 AM
    Yeah it really does suck. I know we will get the update and we are on the list for Key Lime Pie as well.

It's just Samsung doesn't care about the people that own there Top device as of now. They just care about getting the Note 3 on the market as fast as possible. So they push our update to the side and tell us it's been delayed. We all know that's a bunch of BS. Samsung is the biggest in the world. If they had an issue. They could hire who ever they needed to so it could be fixed within that same day or two and they would be back on track.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    JoeyyNY likes this.
    07-13-2013 12:50 AM
    So very true. It's plain ridiculous. I've had this phone since November..so you can imagine how I feel. Then again I've never been a loyalist. So in a month or so I'm gone. I hear Htc is coming out with a big a$$ phone of its own so...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2013 10:11 AM
    Note 2 and S3 are getting the 4.3 instead of 4.2.2

At&t galaxy note 2
    Rahul Chowdary likes this.
    07-18-2013 10:29 PM

At&t galaxy note 2
    5 years from now....

Mighty Note II
    07-20-2013 07:36 PM

At&t galaxy note 2
    Yeah that's another thing. Samsung is just going to throw away all the work they have done prepping 4.2.2 and instead release 4.3

If 4.2.2 isnt finished for our device and it's so far behind that Samsung is just going to skip that update. I'm pretty sure Samsung just doesn't care about people that own there Note 2 at all or Samsung is just that BAD at programing and need to fire everyone that is in charge of keeping there flagship devices up to date.

Or Samsung never really worked on 4.2.2 in the first place. Now we have to wait for Samsung to start working on 4.3 for our Note 2. I'm sure they would say they are already working on it but since it takes them at least a year to roll out an update, we are not going to see 4.3 anytime soon.

This is just an excuse for Samsung to not have to update the Note 2 anytime soon. That way they can put all there resources on marketing the Note 3.

Basically Samsung is saying F*** Y** Note 2 owners. At least that's how it looks to me. I mean really, what is going on.

07-24-2013 12:20 AM
    I got my Note II after years of being an HTC loyalist. I'm done with Samsung after this. I'm might even consider trying a Windows phone. As for tablets? My kids are going to get my Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus and I'm going to get a Asus Windows 8 Tablet. Samsung has a great phone with the Note II, they just need to keep it updated (in a timely manner). Either way, because of their lack of updates on my tablet and phone I'm not giving them my hard earned cash anymore!
    07-25-2013 11:43 AM
    I don't know. I'm pretty satisfied with my Note 2 as it is. I'm not really pining over updates.
    07-25-2013 08:38 PM
    I'm very happy with my Note 2 as well. I just think we should get what we where promised.

The S4 features. The new Touch-Wiz 2.0 UI, The new Camera features, the new S-Voice, ect.. The new UI is really nice and much easier with more option's.

Now we have to wait for Samsung to test 4.3, skin it up, touch it up, test it again. Then wait for T-mobile to get it and test it with there software. Then wait for them to release it.

It would really give our Note 2's a nice new burst of life.

07-27-2013 07:44 AM
    I don't think it's Samsung holding back the update on this phone. It's tmobile. They are the ones that have to tweak it to block out things they don't want us using. Like Google wallet. I would be on tmobile right now but I shouldn't have to root and hack my phone to be able to use a Google application that should be allowed on every phone. I may have slow speeds at times with Sprint but I get timely updates and am free to use whatever Google program I want. On the other hand, if tmobile allowed Google wallet and made updates available more frequently I would switch in an instant, really like tmobile coverage and data speeds.

Via Android Central App from a Galaxy Note 2
    08-06-2013 07:34 AM
    If it's Tmobile holding back the update why doesn't any other Note 2 have the update yet?

I understand Tmobile has to add there bloat and test there software. But what about all the other carriers?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    08-06-2013 08:38 AM
    It has WAY more to do with Tmobile than Samsung when it comes to updates.

I currently have Tmobile's Galaxy Note 1 running ICS 4.0.4 and have been waiting and waiting for an update to Jelly Bean/Butter, but have given up hope now. To add insult to injury, ATT sent their update to Jelly Bean/Butter to their Note 1 owners months ago. This is how it has always been with Tmobile.

I was going to pick up the Note 3 when it came out, but after thinking about it more, I'll probably wait until the Note 2 goes down to $50 and just run one version behind - I still love my Note 1 (best phone I've ever had), but it's starting to show it's age. Can one of you Note 2 users tell me if you have the feature that lets you have two apps open on the screen at once?

Thanks
    08-06-2013 11:21 AM
    As for Google Wallet, I saw on XDA that you can go to a T-Mobile store and ask for a non-Isis or G. Wallet SIM. I'm going to try it after work today.
    08-07-2013 10:59 AM
    As for Google Wallet, I saw on XDA that you can go to a T-Mobile store and ask for a non-Isis or G. Wallet SIM. I'm going to try it after work today.
    That's good to know. I'm switching to tmobile by end of year if Sprint doesn't get any better with their lte rollout. Here in my town tmobile is awesome and even on hspa+ it's just as fast or faster than Sprint lte.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2013 09:31 PM
    It has WAY more to do with Tmobile than Samsung when it comes to updates.
    Can one of you Note 2 users tell me if you have the feature that lets you have two apps open on the screen at once?

Thanks
    Yes, we all have that feature. It only works for certain apps, but most of the main ones have it enabled.
    The KISS Army likes this.
    08-13-2013 08:30 AM
    Im sorry. But some of the things in this thread are just plain silly. You buy a phone as is. And btw this phone is pretty f'in great as is.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-22-2013 03:39 PM
    Australian company leaked news says that note 2 skipping 4.2.2 for 4.3.... this may come in a week or 2.
    08-25-2013 03:14 PM
    A week or two? Try months after the release of the Note 2 if we get lucky...

Deanig_12 likes this.
    08-28-2013 04:12 AM
    Im waiting all so i have the s3 mini -_- always been with samsung too but beginning to be abit of a joke really :/ :banghead: sorry for intruding

Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-28-2013 04:22 AM
    A week or two? Try months after the release of the Note 3 if we get lucky...

08-31-2013 04:30 AM
    I'll buy that for a dollar!
    I'm sick of seeing htc this and htc that. They have been updating there stuff like crazy lately.That's why I got a Samsung because I was reading the same thing about them at the time. Now there's this silence from them comparable to the calm before a storm. Just sayin....

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2013 08:45 AM