I recently bought Galaxy note 2 originally made from korea. And i decided to buy a memory card for this phone. But whenever my phone startup , the phone always asks me to Format the memory card. I tried to find the solution but havent found it. I didnt move my files from "Phone" to "Card" because im afraid all my datas will be deleted. Is there any solution? Or it always happens when my SD card is blank ? Thanks.
    08-20-2013 09:10 AM
    I recently bought Galaxy note 2 originally made from korea. And i decided to buy a memory card for this phone. But whenever my phone startup , the phone always asks me to Format the memory card. I tried to find the solution but havent found it. I didnt move my files from "Phone" to "Card" because im afraid all my datas will be deleted. Is there any solution? Or it always happens when my SD card is blank ? Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums!
    2 questions:
    1. Is the device a clone? Sometimes clones don't play with accessories well.
    2. What brand of SD card? Some are obviously lower quality, or you just may have a bad card as well.
    RSoetarso likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    2 questions:
    1. Is the device a clone? Sometimes clones don't play with accessories well.
    2. What brand of SD card? Some are obviously lower quality, or you just may have a bad card as well.
    Thank you
    1. Nope. I didnt bought the clones or replicas of Galaxy note 2.
    2. Just now i eject my media card to check ( its V-Gen ) and when i re-inserted it . , it asked me to format it again. Well i did it cuz there's still no files on it. Thanks
    08-20-2013 10:28 AM
    Thank you
    2. Just now i eject my media card to check ( its V-Gen ) and when i re-inserted it . , it asked me to format it again. Well i did it cuz there's still no files on it. Thanks
    Post if that solves it. It may have been a bad format at the factory.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-20-2013 01:05 PM
    Thank you
    There was a problem with Samsung devices and other manufacturers sd cards. I had similar issue abs the battery was draining within hours because the phone was constantly trying to interact with the media card. Solution? Bought a Samsung branded sd card off the internets and no more problems.
    08-21-2013 03:52 AM
    Not the case with me. I have a SanDisk 64GB class 10 card in mine and im not having issues.. For the OP im leaning toward problem with the card.
    08-27-2013 05:38 PM
    Mine the same too.. sometimes when the battery is low n u keep on it till the phone shut down by itself then it happen (at least to me) been asking around n same answer.. its the card.. I guess I hve to get the samsung micro sd card.. but its too damn expensive... lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    09-16-2013 07:52 AM
    I had this same problem too. I have a Patriot 16GB that has failed on me twice. I had to RMA it both times. So far this 3rd one has been good after formatting it with the tool that Patriot provides on their site.
    09-24-2013 07:59 PM