06-11-2016 04:38 PM
51 123
tools
    i spent 3 hours on the phone with verizon, samsung & google play and still no where. Verizon sent me out a replacement samsung galaxy note ii today thinking it would resolve the issue, but nope. I started instagram right away and tried to upload a video and no luck. I am now cancelling my verizon account because i discovered friends with the device on other networks (such as t-mobile and at&t) do not have this bogus uploading a video issue. So i think it's partly verizon's fault (their version of android 4.3 is not compatible with ig) and partly instagram's fault (they've not responded to nor addressed this obvious issue). You can see hundreds of reviews on the google play store with angry samsung galaxy users stating they cannot upload video to instagram. Unfortunately instagram does not respond to the comments nor have they replied to any of the tech support e-mails i sent them. I've invested close to 14 hours troubleshooting this issue via phone, e-mail, etc. Tech support and have now given up. I'm going to cancel verizon and move to a new carrier because they could not resolve this issue. It's quite sad what we have to do when companies don't hear their customers' issues and do not address and fix them.
    let me just let you know now that you're gonna have the issue regardless of the provider. It's not them it's the software update. I have a note 2 with t-mobile (which i work for) and have had this issue since the android update. Honestly we all might as well get new phones like note 3 or s5 when it comes out this april
    03-12-2014 08:18 AM
    Yea, that's what the providers want us to do - spend $700 on a new device, after having dropped close to $600 on one 12 months ago. Not gonna happen for me! I'm furious with this. I HAVE spoken with a few people who have T-Mobile and AT&T and they are saying their Note 2 works fine. Weird. I'm upset with Instagram too for not responding to any bug reports.
    03-14-2014 11:37 PM
    Still no resolution to this?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-21-2014 10:44 PM
    hey guys try watching this video . it has many steps but i did try it and it works , my phone is Samsung Galaxy S3

03-27-2014 01:01 AM
    I have a Note II, AT&T... It's been a few months now and still can't upload videos. It will give me an option if I want to send a report to Instagram, and I always do but still nothing. ****in irritating!
    03-27-2014 12:09 PM
    hey guys try watching this video . it has many steps but i did try it and it works , my phone is Samsung Galaxy S3

^WTF!?!?! Step 50.
    03-27-2014 12:16 PM
    Anyone experiencing problems uploading their videos to Instagram: There's an Instagram update available in the Google Play Store right now that resolves the issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Carrier: Sprint) and experienced Instagram crashing when I tried uploading a video. After updating Instagram, it no longer crashes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tagram.android
    03-31-2014 09:02 PM
    They fixed the issue just update ur ig
    04-01-2014 12:16 AM
    The video !!!! thanks it works!
    04-01-2014 06:48 AM
    Well one way you can upload videos to instagram. Is by going into your apps then going into MyFiles. Once in MyFiles go to videos. Now this next parts depends on where the video you want to upload. You need to find the video you would like to upload. Once you have found the video hold your finger on the video till a menu appears. Once the menu is up select share to then select instragram.
    04-01-2014 12:03 PM
    That's not what people are asking. We know how to upload videos. The Galaxy's were having uploading issues. BUT ITS NOW SOLVED!! I updated my IG this morning & I can upload videos from my Note 2 again! Thanks IG for the fix! F u samsung.
    dakicka likes this.
    04-01-2014 01:49 PM
    Finally the nimrods at Instagram updated their App and as of 3/31/14 it now works for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. O what a joy. I tell you, for them to take 5 months to resolve a known issue is NOT cool.

SOLUTION: Update Instagram to the newest version as of 3/31/14 and your Note 2 and other Galaxy devices SHOULD work flawlessly now.
    bvirag likes this.
    04-01-2014 03:38 PM
    Hey ya'll have note 2 and i figure out its because you have too many pics or videos on your memory card i backed all my pics and videos on an usb flash drive and deleted all my pics and videos that were on my phone (stored on the sd card) and i was able to record and post a video instagram...hopes this helps
    04-01-2014 11:37 PM
    They just fixed it for Samsung phones. Video upload is still not working for HTC One. It's a flagship phone dammit and the issue has been around for MONTHS!
    04-03-2014 10:02 AM
    That's not why actually dummie. If you would've read above, Instagram solved the problem. You just deleted all your **** for no reason lmao.
    04-06-2014 03:46 PM
    I've been experiencing the same problem and finding the solution wasnt easy until I bumped into this https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2055352AAF7oJk
    It actually works for me and im relieved.. I hope this works for most of you as well.
    05-01-2014 03:02 PM
    I just registered for android central so I could say this:
    Same prob
    S3 4.3
    I will probably not use this account again
    05-10-2014 08:41 PM
    I have figured this out and how to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Export the image to the gallary, or the photos application and upload from there
    05-10-2014 08:52 PM
    Same damn problem! This is getting ridiculous. I also cannot get it to boot in CMW mode. So I can't root it.
    did u install CWM? it doesn't come with the phone itself...
    06-15-2014 01:56 AM
    I have also got the same problem... I will try to open instagram in computer and upload video may be it help
    01-20-2015 06:54 AM
    I just right clicked on my video within Gallery in LG G3 and hit share. Once Instagram was an option it ports it in that way. So not directly from the Instagram app I was having same issues with LG G3 but found backdoor option. Hope this helps.
    01-26-2015 06:56 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my note 3! Came here to find a solution on how to fix this damn IG issue. But looks like there's no sure solution yet.
    03-03-2015 11:04 PM
    Did anyone find a working solution? Tried the beta instagram app and installing CyanogenMod rom but the problem persists...
    08-05-2015 09:30 AM
    Did anyone find a working solution? Tried the beta instagram app and installing CyanogenMod rom but the problem persists...
    Alright everybody basically to fix this you have to downgrade to the previous version from the latest one. Instagram isn't fixing this until probably the next one but if your looking for an immediate fix just downgrade to the previous version. If your confused on how to do it please feel free to reply.
    11-14-2015 12:29 PM
    How do you downgrade to the original version?
    06-11-2016 03:48 PM
51 123