Instagram not letting me upload videos after 4.3 OTA update....any idea why????

Robbeague

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

After updating to 4.3, I realized when trying to upload a video from my gallery or take a video from the app and upload it I am getting an error message that says :
Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped

I've restarted my phone
deleted the app and reinstalled
cleared my memory
deleted recent apps downloaded after update

I don't know if this is an Instagram issue or the update. Any ideas??? Thanks!

HockeyaMek18

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys

After updating to 4.3, I realized when trying to upload a video from my gallery or take a video from the app and upload it I am getting an error message that says :

I've restarted my phone
cleared my memory

Hey, my girlfriend got the same thing with her Note 2 after she updated to the 4.3. Tried the same steps that you did and no luck yet. I'm going to root her phone and fix the permissions and see if that does the trick, if it doesn't then I'm gonna think it has to do with the update or instagram themself. If you figure anything out let me know and I'll let you know if I get it to work :)

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have an issue when I uploaded a picture a few days ago. But before I even tried, I had to re-install the app first before it would even open. This was my issue with a few different apps.

jblackmon87

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys

I've restarted my phone
cleared my memory

I'm having the same issue. Did anyone figure it out

dakicka

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issues on my Samsung Galaxy note 2 on Verizon after the crappy new Android 4.3 update. After the update, not only were my keyboard buttons re-arranged, but now Instagram video does not work - both for recording with IG's app and also uploading from an external source. I've e-mailed IG several times with no response. It must have to do with Android's crap update. Has anyone figured out a solution yet?!

Last edited:

MontyFernandez3

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I started experiencing those issues after updating to 4.3. Cant upload video on Instagram. I sent several reports to IG and android. I just updated my other note 2 unfortunately I experienced the same problem. Jellybean 4.3 really sucks. And take note the battery life and charging really sucks.

MontyFernandez3

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I just called Samsung customer service and explained the issues. They told me to visit the Samsung service center to downgrade it. That's the only thing that I can do. They still dont have any idea when they can fix it.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Downgrading wont Work and will make Your phone unstable. Happened with me so i installed a ROM and now using the way faster Android kitkat 4.4 . however instagram video upload still doesnt work. This is so annoying.

Aline Vasconcelos

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Rooting is not a solution
installing all apps again will not help as well.
I have tried EVERYTHING
And nothing seems to work.
I will buy something else...never more jellybean

TURBORLX

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I been having the same issue with INSTAGRAM. After the 4.3 update on my Verizon Note 2 galaxy, everytime i try to upload i get this message:
Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped. I called verizon, they tried to troubleshoot my phone no luck. It is an Instagram compatibility issue.

Does anybody know of any updates?

bvirag

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Rooting won't do anything & neither will un installing. Ive tried just about everything. The nee Android update just isn't compatible with IG or vice versa.

GALAXY NOTE II