Tmo Galaxy Note Not Available in Michigan?!?!?

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
After a long, long wait, Tmo finally release the Note and I barely made it through my day in anticipation of laying my hands on that giant screened beauty. Visiting my local Tmo store, I was shocked to hear that they didn't have any Notes in stock. "Wow! They sold out fast, huh?" Nope. After talking to the in-store rep and calling other locations just to be sure, I was told that NO STORES IN MICHIGAN RECEIVED EVEN A SINGLE NOTE! Two stores even said that they were told that they wouldn't be stocking and selling the Note in-store - EVER! What kind of a farce is this? Then, I call up Tmo's Customer Care to order one over the phone and, though I'm eligible for a full upgrade, the best price they can give me on the Note is $490 with a two-year contract! So much for satisfying a 12-year Tmo customer. I'll check one more time today, but if I can't get the Note in-store within the next few days, Tmo has lost another customer!

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here locally in Ohio either. I was told Chicago had some. But basically I was told many of the stores are not T-Mobile corporate stores and just auth reps and they are fighting to carry it store level....yea....wack LOL not only do they release a old device they limit where it can be bought and online you cant buy out right smh dumb dumb and dumber

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I went through the same issues here in Oregon. My little brother has been dying for the note ever since they announced that it was to be with T Mobile. We first called the Call Center to see what deals they would offer for the phone on 8-11-12, our payday.
(I may mention, that if you want better deals for phones, specially if you have a two year upgrade, when you call 611, say "Contract" when they ask for the reason for your call. Those Agents are supposed to help you out with deals like this... I was offered 200 in credit, and the phone for 250, because my brother's line had a full upgrade available))
Anyhow, we planned to go to a store and pick up the phone for him. We show up at the store, and the rep there said they didn't think there was a Note in ANY store in my hometown. I called around and confirmed this was truth.
So I called Tmobile again, asking for "contract" again, and placed an order on Friday for the phone. They said, cause we placed the order later in the day, that we wouldn't get the phone until Tuesday at the earliest. I wasn't happy, but it was what my brother wanted. (he wanted the phone ASAP.)
Now, the phone is apparently back ordered. I called them, and was very irrate to learn that we paid 27.99 for faster shipping.. for whatever day they finally get more in stock. This whole experience has been a disaster.
I hope you get your phones sooner then my brother... poor guy is very depressed.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After a long, long wait, Tmo finally release the Note and I barely made it through my day in anticipation of laying my hands on that giant screened beauty. Visiting my local Tmo store, I was shocked to hear that they didn't have any Notes in stock. "Wow! They sold out fast, huh?" Nope. After talking to the in-store rep and calling other locations just to be sure, I was told that NO STORES IN MICHIGAN RECEIVED EVEN A SINGLE NOTE! Two stores even said that they were told that they wouldn't be stocking and selling the Note in-store - EVER! What kind of a farce is this? Then, I call up Tmo's Customer Care to order one over the phone and, though I'm eligible for a full upgrade, the best price they can give me on the Note is $490 with a two-year contract! So much for satisfying a 12-year Tmo customer. I'll check one more time today, but if I can't get the Note in-store within the next few days, Tmo has lost another customer!

were you elligible for the full 2 year upgrade? THey should hgave offered the phone to you for 250 if that's the case, but if you only have a year upgrade, it will be much more expensive. :( When you call them, say "contract" to the machine, and maybe those reps can help you better.

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. After threatening to bail from Tmo and join ATT to get my note, I at least, got a better deal, though not quite as good as yours. They gave me the phone for $299, plus a $100 credit on my bill. Like your brother, I'm getting more pissed by the day now that the Note is on backorder. I'm going to call and about it tomorrow as I'm getting closer and closer to just pulling the plug on my Tmo account.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
as are we. :( And I'm sorry they are being such assholes about it. :( I called them again last night, and they said that they don't "think" that it will take them over two weeks to get more stock.. ugh
Even asked if we could cancel the pending order so maybe he could get the Galaxy S III, but they said that it takes 48 hours to cancel, and that he may be better off waiting for the Note to restock..
My Husband is completely fed up with t mobile as well.. I'm just tired of searching for a phone, that's been promised to it's customers.
Keep us updated on your status! I hope they get you it soon!

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
WolfRunner-

I feel your pain. I really should have gotten the S3 when it came out, as my G2X was starting to run slowly back then, but I held out for the Note b/c it fits my needs better than anything else out there. I was excited to finally buy it and should have gotten it today, but for the back-order. Yesterday, my G2X really started acting up and is so slow that I'm literally waiting 30 seconds or more for a simple app to open. Some apps started shutting down saying my registration codes were incorrect and I have to reboot the thing every hour or so. Since my phone/organizer is such an important part of my job, I'm really starting to panic and my sense of urgency in replacing this thing is through the roof. I'm hoping to take the details of some of the better deals that I've read about on these forums and those on the TmoNews blog and see if I might at least get even better payment terms and express delivery thrown in for having to wait so long. If I can't, I'm going to stop into ATT later today and let them try to earn my business. It sucks b/c I've been a loyal 5-line customer for Tmo for 6 years and I really feel that I've been dumped on and am not valued by them. With their terrible unannounced "limited" distribution and lack of empathy, I feel like they've misled me and I'm extremely resentful at this point.

I hope you guys get your Notes soon (This thread feels like a support group for orphaned Tmo customers, doesn't it? lol).

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Totally True! lol, I can't seem to find any posts anywhere on T mobiles websites, or ANY blog about this lack of stock issue.. It makes me pretty sad really.
The GX2 is running bad? :( That sucks. Both my husband and brother have the original Vibrant, and both are heartily sick of their phones lagging and charging issues. I have the Sensation, Which is a great phone, though old now by the standards of Cell Phones.. heh
The best deal I found for the G-Note off Tmobile's website it 229.99 on Wirefly. Samsung Galaxy Note for T-Mobile - Wirefly.com
Maybe if you call them with that price, they can try a bit harder at meeting that price gap. Walmart had an insane price error on their website when the phone was released, offering the upgrade price of 29.99. (as well as selling the unlocked, non contract phone for an unheard of 349.99.. I nearly was suckered in to buying the upgrade price, if not for the lack of money that day.. lol we got the money the next day, only to find that Walmart took down the phone.)
Maybe it's time to search out other carriers! Let them try to get you a good deal, as clearly Tmobile doesn't seem to give three craps about fairness to long time customers.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just an update, I checked on the order a bit ago, and they said it was finally shipped! Order yours soon so they can get it to you asap, unless you've already switched to AT&T! ;) good luck guys!

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
WolfRunner- Thanks for the heads-up - my GNote shipped today too! I've got my case and screen protectors, now I just have to order a spare battery and charger and I'll be armed and dangerous.

Thanks again!

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Wolfrunner- I hope your brother is having better luck with his Note than I am. Since getting mine four days ago, I've been unable to access/use any kind of texting function and yesterday, my phone decided to stop syncing data on any program - UGH!

After calling Tmo's customer care on Friday, they agreed to send me a new phone, but over two days, I've been bounced back and forth between Tmo's Customer Care Department and their Sales Department EIGHT TIMES! Each time, I was told that whatever department I happened to be talking to could not help me and that I would have to speak to the other department. I was screaming by the sixth time I was transferred. Then they finally got me to somebody who could help, but they wanted to send me a refurbished Note - four days after I got the brand new one. The only way I seemed to get my point across to anyone at Tmo was to yell into the phone. Finally, they said I'd be getting a new phone, but that I'd have to ship the old phone back to them on my own. They wouldn't even include a pre-printed envelop for me to ship the broken phone back in. I told them that their customer service was HORRIFIC and that I would be taking my five lines and leaving Tmobile as each line came due for it's upgrade. It's a shame, b/c my wife and I have stayed with Tmo for over six years b/c of their customer service, but this latest fiasco has pushed me over the edge. One of my wife's clients is a high-level Tmo exec and has helped us with the few customer service issues we've had in the past, but I shouldn't have to keep going through him to get the basic customer service that a six-year customer (or any customer) deserves. The exec WILL know about this situation, but not until the day after I deactivate our first line.

Other than that, I think I'll enjoy the Note for the short time that I have it.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Wolfrunner- I hope your brother is having better luck with his Note than I am. Since getting mine four days ago, I've been unable to access/use any kind of texting function and yesterday, my phone decided to stop syncing data on any program - UGH!

After calling Tmo's customer care on Friday, they agreed to send me a new phone, but over two days, I've been bounced back and forth between Tmo's Customer Care Department and their Sales Department EIGHT TIMES! Each time, I was told that whatever department I happened to be talking to could not help me and that I would have to speak to the other department. I was screaming by the sixth time I was transferred. Then they finally got me to somebody who could help, but they wanted to send me a refurbished Note - four days after I got the brand new one. The only way I seemed to get my point across to anyone at Tmo was to yell into the phone. Finally, they said I'd be getting a new phone, but that I'd have to ship the old phone back to them on my own. They wouldn't even include a pre-printed envelop for me to ship the broken phone back in. I told them that their customer service was HORRIFIC and that I would be taking my five lines and leaving Tmobile as each line came due for it's upgrade. It's a shame, b/c my wife and I have stayed with Tmo for over six years b/c of their customer service, but this latest fiasco has pushed me over the edge. One of my wife's clients is a high-level Tmo exec and has helped us with the few customer service issues we've had in the past, but I shouldn't have to keep going through him to get the basic customer service that a six-year customer (or any customer) deserves. The exec WILL know about this situation, but not until the day after I deactivate our first line.

Other than that, I think I'll enjoy the Note for the short time that I have it.

Holy wow! :( That's terrible! He's not had any issues with his phone so far, unless you count not being able to put it in a pant's pocket. But still, that's really dreadful that they dragged you through so many issues! :( Transferred 6 times??? Jeez, I'd be screaming too! and they really should not have given you any issues with returning the phone and receiving a new one, that's what they are SUPPOSED to do when something you purchase from them has issues! It's even within the 14 day return policy isn't it?? Did they mention that at all? I'm amazed they hassled you so much! :(
Can you go to a store and have them give you a replacement? I swear the people on the phones are of NO help 90% of the time, and I don't blame you for wanting to leave them. my husband STILL wants o leave T mobile over all the hassle with my brother's phone, and I don't think i'll argue on t-mobile's behalf anymore.. :/
I hope they figure out a way to fix your phone without further issues.. :( Keep me updated!