Getting Rid of Power-On/Off Music?

ByteTraveler

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife & I recently got new Galaxy S 4G phones, and one REALLY annoying thing is the "music" (T-Mobile Theme?) they play when powered on or off.

I usually power off as I get in bed (and she's already asleep), and more times than not, I completely forget that the thing is going to start blasting music (which always wakes her), and the same in the morning, when one of us gets up, and powers-on the phone, forgetting that the thing will wake the other.

Of course I can reduce the system volume to nothing in Settings, but the problem is that when I restore, say Navigation volume in the car, it's set back to full, and unless I happen to remember, we're blasting each other in bed again.

How can I stop the phone(s) from playing that #$*&@ music?

I'm guessing it has to be an MP3 or something, somewhere, and that maybe I can just delete the file, but I don't know where to start looking.

Both phones are rooted.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

fredericktex

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
There's a good article that details how to get rid of the boot-down music, videos, etc. I have yet to figure out how to get rid of the power up music though. A Google search will point you in the right direction.

Also, you will need to root your phone so you can access certain files and folders that need to be deleted to achieve what you want. Good luck.

fredericktex

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just found the power-on .wav file. It's under system/etc, toward the bottom. If you have root explorer, it's fairly easy to remove the file. Just long tap it, and select delete. No more annoying startup tone. Since I don't have the shutdown files on my device, I can't tell you where they are, but as I said previously, they can be found with a Google search. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674