No bars? Sending texts sometimes and others not at all?

SaskiChuuei

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello--

I just recently discovered this problem with my T-mobile phone. I have no bars whatsoever and they went out when I was in a place that I had full bars in normally and had just sent text messages from previously. However, the quirky thing is that I can still make phone calls and text people that I've texted recently like my girlfriend and best friend, but besides that I can't text anyone.

It's a brand new Android Galaxy S for T-mobile and I've had the Sim Card for about two years that I used on my Blackberry Curve 8120 ( I think that's the model... ) before. It never gave me any problems, and when I turn the phone off and back on it says that I have bars again... but when I resend a message they disappear and say that I can't. I've had the phone for about a week now and this is the first time it's done this. It's been maybe five hours since the bars disappeared?

I've tried a battery pull, turned the phone on and off, and deleted a few apps, but besides that I don't have any apps that would interfere with messaging and the problem is still persisting. I've no idea what it is, but there was just the hurricane that ripped through my area... could the weather issues possibly be a part of the problem?

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
If you've had that sim card for 2 years you are using a 2g sim card. The most likely problem is not your phone but simply your service. If you have insurance a local retail store is required to give you a sim upgrade for free. If the manager says no, (which is his choice to do, so don't yell at him/her for doing so) and attempts to charge you $20 for it, call customer service and have them notate your account that you should receive a free sim card. Go back to the store, ask them to check the notes, they will print the memo off and staple it to your receipt and all will be well. If you have insurance though you should not have any need to even call customer care though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol