SGH-t959v keeps shutting down

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
trying to help my dad - his phone keeps shutting down on him. He took it to a tmoble store and they said it was the battery and gave him a new one. The problem still persists. It's random shutdowns. Just today, it shut down in the middle of a phone call.

Is this a common issue and if so, what can we do besides a factory restore?

Thanks!
B

JacodaBurr

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Currently I have the SGH-T59V and previously I had the G1. One thing I noticed is that if the CPU became overloaded or the phone overheated the phone would reset. Through research in ways to speed up my G1 I noticed that by removing a lot of the bloatware it really can help clean up the system resources so they are not constantly being ran.
Unfortunately, I do not believe that the Task Manager that comes pre-installed on the SGH-T959V works very well, as I do not really see any difference when I use it. I do however use Advanced Task Killer (free) and all I do is have it set to start-up when my phone starts and then I just go in and make sure everything is checked and then click Kill Selected Apps. I noticed immediate results with this. There is a new warning that you will see if you install this app and it says that programs in green text are system apps necessary to ensure the phone runs and the app itself will not close them. Whether this feature actually works or not I am not sure.
Every once in a while I experience a few issues with my phone, freezing up, or even rebooting itself. Other issues include closing out of the call log and dialer unexpectedly. Usually when these things happen I either need to go into my Advanced Task Killer because I have been using to many apps that it is bogging the phone down. If that does not work then I reboot, after a reboot I noticed that I do not get the issues of the call log and dialer closing.

P.S. In order to be able to remove bloatware, as far as I know, you have to have your device rooted.

Last edited: