Connectivity issue.

Hooligans Rule

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently traveled to the BVI with my Galaxy S4 and because T-Mobile has no network there I was unable to access data so I was forced to have my phone unlocked and purchase a local SIM Card to use there... I can no longer connect my device to my Laptop to transfer data, I tried doing a Software Update on my device and got a message saying My device has been modified software updates are not available... Unfortunately I have already returned to the US so I cannot return to the vendor who unlocked my phone to have this issue resolved...

How can I fix this issue???

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently traveled to the BVI with my Galaxy S4 and because T-Mobile has no network there I was unable to access data so I was forced to have my phone unlocked and purchase a local SIM Card to use there... I can no longer connect my device to my Laptop to transfer data, I tried doing a Software Update on my device and got a message saying My device has been modified software updates are not available... Unfortunately I have already returned to the US so I cannot return to the vendor who unlocked my phone to have this issue resolved...

How can I fix this issue???
Welcome to the forums!

Have you contacted T-Mobile for a fix? It might be something simple such as editing the APNs and/or other basic information to get you back on T-Mobile's US network.