I just ordered mine yesterday! Can't wait!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine yesterday too. The myTouch forum was pretty dead at first too. The phone will increase in popularity as more people's contracts expire. Seems like every new phone that comes out people bash it in some way.

DustinCasler

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I love mine so far for the most part. I just traded a mytouch 4g for it. I know its not the most bleeding edge hardware or software. But after my Nexus One broke I needed the best android phone on TMOB to tide me over until the Pyramid or G S 2 come out. Also for those wondering, the data speeds are noticeably faster than what I was getting on the mytouch 4g. And the battery handled my long evening of thai food, bar hopping, and drunk texting,tweeting,foursquaring,facebooking,etc.... about it.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love mine so far for the most part. I just traded a mytouch 4g for it. I know its not the most bleeding edge hardware or software. But after my Nexus One broke I needed the best android phone on TMOB to tide me over until the Pyramid or G S 2 come out. Also for those wondering, the data speeds are noticeably faster than what I was getting on the mytouch 4g. And the battery handled my long evening of thai food, bar hopping, and drunk texting,tweeting,foursquaring,facebooking,etc.... about it.

+1 Thanks for sharing!!! I am also coming from a myTouch 4G so I can't wait to get my ands on this. Could you post how much internal storage is left on the phone? Thanks

DustinCasler

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall the exact number. But it was a little over 200mb I believe. So, the downside to going from the mytouch 4g to this is you lose quite a bit of internal storage for apps. But thankfully many of them can be stored on the SD card. Also when you sync you Google account, not all the apps auto download to the device like with some Android devices. Not sure why. But thankfully all my paid apps showed up My Apps part of the market, you just have to install them.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall the exact number. But it was a little over 200mb I believe. So, the downside to going from the mytouch 4g to this is you lose quite a bit of internal storage for apps. But thankfully many of them can be stored on the SD card. Also when you sync you Google account, not all the apps auto download to the device like with some Android devices. Not sure why. But thankfully all my paid apps showed up My Apps part of the market, you just have to install them.

Thanks. I guess that's not too bad. How is call quality and the speaker quality? Any experience with moving apps to the SD card yet and if so, do they load fast?

DustinCasler

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Call and speaker quality is far better than the mytouch 4g. I also hardly ever don't have 4G with this phone and with the mytouch I was somewhat regularly getting no service, 3g, or edge. And I live in Dallas/Fort Worth! The speaker is very loud and clear despite not looking too promising from the photos. I just did a test loading a few apps from the sd card, then moving to the phone and loading and I haven't seen much of a difference if any at all in load times. The biggest annoyance i've had with the phone so far is getting my facebook/twitter/google contacts to sync and connect how I want them to. But after trying a few things it appears to slowly be going more my way.

SGS4G

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
New SGS4G owner

This phone is wicked fast, sure it's not dual core but it's good enough for me.
I am new to T-Mo as well. I am sure this forum will pick up the pace soon.

bmwmpower

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just got mine tonight. Very fast shipping on t-mobile's part. I extended my contract two years. I have 30 days to try it out. So far I like it!

First impressions:

The phone is VERY light. It's almost too light. I like my phones to feel substantial and now like they're going to blow away in the wind. I guess this is personal preference. Not bad though but a little scary when playing with it outdoors.

Speed: The phone is FAST. I've experienced no freezes, lags or pauses. Everything runs as it should. Quite impressed.

Swype: I was skeptical about this at first but it actually works REALLY well for most words. Its actually quite fun too to see if the phone can guess the word and I'd say 7 times out of 10 it does so accurately. I'm still seeing what works best... Blackberry keyboard is very spoiling. I feel clumsy typing on any touchscreen phones.

Screen: Very vivid, sharp, contrasty, bright.

Camera: A little slow and clunky. iPhone 4 camera wizzes right by. Picture quality, saturation, dyanmic range all seem meh but I'll reserve full judgment after I conduct further testing

Charging looks like it can be a bit abusive... I miss the charging contacts on Blackberry--no way to dock the Galaxy S?

I've only had the phone a few hours so take this review with a grain of salt. Just initial impressions. I think I'm keeping it though.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I love mine. I love that its very light and easy to handle. I especially love how I can change the font. The one thing I dont like is no camera flash and no choice for using the android keyboard instead of swype and samsung.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz