text message alerts not sounding

bosoxbratt

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi there I am new here and trying to figure out my galazy S phone they just had a update on them a day or two ago and ever since then I can not get my text messages to sound off with the alerts :-( Any ideas on what to do to get it where I can hear my alerts Ty for any help

psyentific

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the opposite of this problem - I wanted to hear text alerts, but not alerts for incoming emails. The master setting is the same (Sound:Notifications), but the email setting can be turned off within the email app itself. Probably you have one of these settings that needs adjusting also.

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as OP, but mine started like a day ago. All my alerts were set to vibrate, but now I'm not getting the vibrations when I get a text, email or mms. I've messed with my settings and still no change. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are there apps that are know that would mess with phone alerts? Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Last edited:

Anthony4809

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as OP, but mine started like a day ago. All my alerts were set to vibrate, but now I'm not getting the vibrations when I get a text, email or mms. I've messed with my settings and still no change. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are there apps that are know that would mess with phone alerts? Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi there I am new here and trying to figure out my galazy S phone they just had a update on them a day or two ago and ever since then I can not get my text messages to sound off with the alerts :-( Any ideas on what to do to get it where I can hear my alerts Ty for any help

All my notifications stopped working- turned out I had to enable
auto sync between my e-mail and contacts.
Sent from T-mobile Galaxy S2 (Hercules)