What will rooting get me?

spinsheet

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to root my Blaze or not. What exactly will rooting the phone get me? I am currently running Android 4.0.4 ICS. What I would really like out of this would be the ability to remove all of the bloatware on the phone. Gamebase and Tele Nav, really? I can do without.

I'm not looking to do any development or in depth hacking, just clean up my phone, preferably with a plain vanilla version of Android, the latest version possible. Is this what I'll be getting if I do root? Are there any disadvantages to rooting? Will my phone actually lose any functionality? Will it gain any?

This is my fourth Android phone (G1, LG Optimus, Samsung S 3G, and now the Blaze) and it is by far my favorite. I have never done any rooting on any of the previous phones so I really have no idea what to expect. Thanks for any advice.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about rooting mine too because the last system update messed up my wifi calling, so I'm interested in this question too.

Spinsheet, how does the Blaze run with ICS? There have been reports of sluggishness on other Samsung phones. Thanks.

saint satin stain

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you were given link to help decide. I rooted my Blaze to remove bloat but while searching discovered apps that only work on rooted phones which give me more control, longer battery life, ability to configure android firewall, confogure many other features.

It is a risk. You can end up with a 3 hundred dollar paper weight.

Just by removal of bloat you get quicker Blaze.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781