12-24-2011 05:33 PM
30 12
    Well I went to my local TMobile and the guy was telling me they have them but there is no way I can even see them till sale day Wednesday. I will be getting the samsung galaxy s2. Now I love my sensation and the amaze looks just like my sensations running system which I'm getting bored with and do notice it lags a bit.I'm a sucker for the bigger screen and speed and the display just looks amazing on the galaxy from what I can see on you tube .
    10-10-2011 09:38 PM
    I tried this phone out today at store, didn't care for htc sense memo reminded me of my old htc touch pro but loved the hardwear buttons for camera. And the galaxy just didn't compare to my epic touch so I'm going to stay with sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2011 12:02 AM
    I am looking at both phones myself, as I become eligible for an upgrade in a few days. Lots of info out there, and as best I can tell both are really decent phones.

A couple other things stand out as differences:

The Amaze has a notification LED. The Samsung does not.
    The Amaze has FM radio capability. As best anyone can tell, the T-Mobile version does not (other versions do??).

The things people complain about with the Amaze are battery life and there have been some complaints about the antenna. HTC isn't quite as "developer-friendly" - apparently the bootloader is locked (but HTC now makes it easy to unlock).

As to the Samsung, there have been some complaints about the screen (vertical stripes in low-light conditions). CyanogenMod7 is available already for the SGSII.

I keep going back and forth myself - it is hard to really gauge how serious the issues are that people complain about. I suppose the problems aren't widespread or you would have tons of complaints. If I had to pick right this moment, I would probably take the Amaze, but earlier today I might have gone with the Samsung.
    11-19-2011 08:03 PM
    I think the SGS2 is faster. This is probably because TW isn't as heavy of a skin as Sense is. qHD also causes many apps to look distored since most are designed for WVGA. The SAMOLED+ display more than compensates for the resolution.
    11-20-2011 12:46 AM
    I had used both for a period of time before I settled with the SGS2. I just like the SAMOLED screen and it seemed to be a bit smoother. Another part of the decision was that I have a galaxy tab 10.1 so it was nice to have one brand!
    12-24-2011 05:33 PM
30 12