Who's going to get the galaxy s ii (hercules) launch day?

mettleh3d#WN

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T forums are blowing up! Let's get started here in the T-Mob forums!

We can look forward to ridiculous fast HSPA+ speeds and future-proof NFC capabilities! We get to have one of the first devices to have it!

Having the same camera len/sensor as all he SGS2 variants, engadget and android central are calling the camera the top of the line. We can be confident this thing will be absolutely stunning.

"the Epic 4G Touch and Galaxy S II for AT&T (and, presumably, the T-Mobile variant) are the absolute top of the line on their respective carriers. Simply put, Samsung continues to produce phones with camera sensors that have a seemingly higher quality than their megapixel count implies, which unfortunately is something that can't be said about many other OEMs."

If anyone's also got some news about what store is offering the phone and at a lower upfront cost or with accessory bundles, list them here and your location!

Happy hunting

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
now this phone might not have the wanted Exynos processor, but the phone from what i have seen performs well, no lag, force close or freezes which tells a lot about a product I'm getting this on the 12th

Milehigh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll be at my T-Mobile store when it opens on the 12th, after so many years I'm tired of waiting on the next greatest thing. Sometimes you just have to make a move and since this will be my first smartphone, it looks to be more than enough for me.

ReiMei

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Galaxy S (Epic 4G) I am absolutely excited for this phone Won't get it on launch but I will have it sooner or later. :

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife wants this phone so badly that she's willing to camp out to get it when it's released. My only concern is that with the pending merger with AT&T, the phone might not work on AT&T 3G network thus making data useage on the phone almost useless. Whether we like it or not this merger is going to happen; especially now that we know TMO is not getting the iPhone.

mettleh3d#WN

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You're wrong. At&t merges w Tmob cuz they want tmo's bands, ergo at&t will have their 1900 Mhz AND Tmo's 1700 Mhz band. You think on day 1 of the merger they're going to black out all existing Tmobile 3/4G devices?

On top of that, Tmo's SGS2 has got 1900 band already built in so if there is no merger at all, it can still be unlocked and goto at&t with 3/4G speeds.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You're wrong. At&t merges w Tmob cuz they want tmo's bands, ergo at&t will have their 1900 Mhz AND Tmo's 1700 Mhz band. You think on day 1 of the merger they're going to black out all existing Tmobile 3/4G devices?

On top of that, Tmo's SGS2 has got 1900 band already built in so if there is no merger at all, it can still be unlocked and goto at&t with 3/4G speeds.

I didn't know about the bands however my main concern is not even the phone working but rather being an AT&T customer. I can't stand AT&T so now the question is do I really want to chance the merger going through and be an AT&T customer or should I wait until March then jump ship to Sprint?

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There's word that this phone will not have a notifications light? Is this correct and how this affect some people?

I know that I need to have it on a phone. I don't know why samsung does that to some of their phones

mettleh3d#WN

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
According to the Telus review on MobileSyrup, it does not.

Expanding on that: since OLED screens only light up each pixel as needed, could samsung light up say 10x20 pixels in a corner of the screen for envelope, text message icons as an indicator feature?

Just thinking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12