We'll have it for a few weeks, ask questions and I'll try to answer. Knowing what y'all wanna hear helps me during the review as well.

Let's start with the size:

my T-Mobile Samsung army from left to right: Nexus S, Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S II.

It's big, but it's thin. It feels really solid and nice, and i no longer think it's too big.

Hit me peeples
    10-07-2011 05:44 PM
    Will the T-Mobile SGSII support 3g or "4g" on AT&T?
    10-07-2011 06:18 PM
    How do you like the video recording and picture taking abilities?
    10-07-2011 06:34 PM
    is T-Mobile releasing early...
    10-07-2011 06:39 PM
    Does it have wifi calling like on my vibrant? Thx
    10-07-2011 06:42 PM
    Will it ever get an update? Oh wait, its Sammy....
    10-07-2011 06:56 PM
    I think this has been explained several times already, Samsung brought updates timely, the carrier decided to delay them. So if you are going to comment or ask questions that are of no help, refrain yourself from asking. So if you want timely updates get a phone from Europe which they aren't bound to carriers, and pretty sure the gs2 there already had several updates.
    10-07-2011 07:02 PM
    Does the phone come with all the widgets the other Galaxy S II phones come with?

Does it seem smaller than the epic 4g Touch? Pictures show that it might be a little shorter and a little less in width.

Also can't leave this out. HOW is the GPS on this phone??
    10-07-2011 08:06 PM
    No wi-fi calling according to the T-Mo rep i asked, she said wi-fi sharing only, but they have been known to be wrong....

is T-Mobile releasing early...
    According to the 6 (thats s-i-x!) stores around here i called not one of them thought it stood a chance of releasing one minute before Wednesday, (and trust me, i asked the question 12 diff ways...lol)

Does it seem smaller than the epic 4g Touch? Pictures show that it might be a little shorter and a little less in width.
    If you look at the bottom it has less space between capacitive touch buttons and screen, as far as width looks same to me.
    BTC
    10-07-2011 09:04 PM
    New unboxing posted. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder but I know some people want to know what's on the box.

10-07-2011 10:03 PM
    I think this has been explained several times already, Samsung brought updates timely, the carrier decided to delay them. So if you are going to comment or ask questions that are of no help, refrain yourself from asking. So if you want timely updates get a phone from Europe which they aren't bound to carriers, and pretty sure the gs2 there already had several updates.
    If that's the case then why did my wifes mytouch 4g get a gingerbread ota update and the vibrant hasn't? And probably never will... Definitely don't count on an ice cream sandwich update.... Ever.

Good review btw!
    10-07-2011 11:21 PM
    The guy in my T-Mobile store said that it would support AT&T's radio bands for HSPA & HSPA+ is this the case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2011 12:13 AM
    Does the phone come with all the widgets the other Galaxy S II phones come with?

Also can't leave this out. HOW is the GPS on this phone??
    All the widgets are there.
    I think it's the same size as the Sprint version.
    GPS can tell the difference from the front room of my house and the back. No hardware/antenna problems like the Vibrant.

Will the T-Mobile SGSII support 3g or "4g" on AT&T?
    Hardware is there. Like the G2X, this might not be supported in the software. I'll see if i can't get an AT&T SIM and find out.

How do you like the video recording and picture taking abilities?
    Not really tried it yet.

T-Mobile says it does (link). The phone doesn't support it though. I've asked T-mobile, we should know their officially official stance Monday.

Take it somewhere else, or I'll ban you. Crapping on the Admin's thread is pretty damn silly, don't you think?

Your one, and only, warning.

The guy in my T-Mobile store said that it would support AT&T's radio bands for HSPA & HSPA+ is this the case?

See above. The hardware has support, but officially it only supports T-Mobile AWS bands.
    Droid-One likes this.
    10-08-2011 11:15 AM
    Much appreciated. I'm glad GPS seems to be working good. That was my biggest worry about this phone.
    10-08-2011 11:28 AM
    Does this have Wi-fi calling? I am hearing conflicted reports some saying with the new sim card you get to use wifi calling?
    10-08-2011 01:58 PM
    If that's the case then why did my wifes mytouch 4g get a gingerbread ota update and the vibrant hasn't? And probably never will... Definitely don't count on an ice cream sandwich update.... Ever.

Good review btw!
    It does not matter that Samsung phones have a poor record of updates on EVERY carrier even though HTC and MOTO phones get updates regularly on EVERY Carrier. Some will still blame the carriers and it's not Samsung fault...
    10-08-2011 04:21 PM
    It does not matter that Samsung phones have a poor record of updates on EVERY carrier even though HTC and MOTO phones get updates regularly on EVERY Carrier. Some will still blame the carriers and it's not Samsung fault...
    What does matter is your derailing a thread that an admin is not only watching, but is the OP. Keep it on topic -- which is Q&A about the T-Mo SGS II, or take a vacation.
    10-08-2011 04:26 PM
    Is this phone as fast as their Siblings (AT&T and Sprint)? or it still lags a bit on websites?
    10-08-2011 08:17 PM
    Jerry does it come loaded w a mSD card?
    10-09-2011 01:47 AM
    Jerry does it come loaded w a mSD card?
    I can answer that, and no it doesn't, but it does have 16gb of internal storage
    10-09-2011 08:03 AM
    How were the data speeds with the t-mobile sgs 2. I love the the at&t version. I switched from a moto atrix. That thing was so buggy with gingerbread. I had enough of it. However, i think the radios were more robust. I would consistently pull higher data speeds @ the same locations.

10-09-2011 08:16 AM
    I can answer that, and no it doesn't, but it does have 16gb of internal storage
    That's good cause I bought the 32gb from 1saleaday last week
    10-09-2011 11:09 AM
    Is this the same phone as Sprint Epic 4G Touch?
    And will the current CM7.1 rom work with it?
    10-10-2011 07:36 PM
    Jerry,

Will T-Mobile let you remove SGS2 bloatware without rooting?
    Sprint and AT&T will let you remove some of the bloatware apps from their Galaxy S II's without rooting. See:
    Tips & Tricks: Galaxy S II (AT&T) | Samsung Articles & Insights

Were you able to get USB Host to work? We have not gotten it to work on the Sprint or ATT versions. Samsung says USB Host works on all the SGS2's:
    Tips & Tricks: Galaxy S II (T-Mobile) | Samsung Articles & Insights
    Tips & Tricks: Epic 4G Touch | Samsung Articles & Insights
    Tips & Tricks: Galaxy S II (AT&T) | Samsung Articles & Insights

Attaching USB Devices to the Galaxy S II: With the optional USB adapter, you can connect devices such as keyboards, mice and thumb drives to the Galaxy S II. High-powered devices and charging another device from the Galaxy S IIs port are not supported.
    It would be so cool to be able to connect a USB thumb drive like the internation version does.

Were you able to use automated 800 number Menus?
    Tap to enlarge.
    The Epic 4G Touch stops sending tones after you are connected for about 30 seconds meaning that you will not be able to navigate many automated phone menu systems (such as Samsungs). If the other party does not disconnect, you can get the Green Bar of Death over the Notifications.

How do your cellular and WiFi data rates compare with other T-Mobile phones? Many with the Epic 4G Touch report bad 3G/4G and WiFi data transmission rates.

See: Report Your Epic Signal and Other Problems to Samsung

Thanks!

It would be great to see if everything work on the TM version!
    10-10-2011 11:51 PM
    All the widgets are there.

Hardware is there. Like the G2X, this might not be supported in the software. I'll see if i can't get an AT&T SIM and find out.
    Any luck with this yet? I am stuck on a contract because of the craptivate, but if I could get this to live out the contract before my move to T-Mo where my wife is enjoying her Nexus S I would be very pleased.
    10-11-2011 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD