Cheapest Price

DroBoy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Lets make a thread on the cheapest price possible.

Wirefly- 199 on upgrade 179.99 new two year
Amazon- Unknown
BB-unknown
Target- Unkown
Walmart- 169.99 new and 199.99 on upgrade

Last edited:

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just called walmart and the guy said he didn't have it yet. He said the price is gonna be $148 with new 2 year or upgrade. We'll see if that price rings true when they get it.

jongzor

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly friends and family (just google a referral link) is 149.99 + no tax. I jumped on that since tax in CA is another 10% and they have free activation til Thursday.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly friends and family (just google a referral link) is 149.99 + no tax. I jumped on that since tax in CA is another 10% and they have free activation til Thursday.

pretty good deal. I used the 179.99 with them and I have a BOA credit card, so they give me another $50.00 off and with free activation. This brings my phone price to around $94.00. Great deal and makes purchasing it the phone that much sweeter.

Now I just need to sell my photon and use the money to pay my credit card and I will be paying nothing for the phone at all. Can't wait to get it.

sfsilicon

May 18, 2010
Visit site
pretty good deal. I used the 179.99 with them and I have a BOA credit card, so they give me another $50.00 off and with free activation. This brings my phone price to around $94.00. Great deal and makes purchasing it the phone that much sweeter.

Now I just need to sell my photon and use the money to pay my credit card and I will be paying nothing for the phone at all. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for the BOA tip. I wanted to keep my number so I did an upgrade. Wirefly price is 199 - 50 BOA credit + 18 activation fee (why the free activation only applies to new phones or why I need activation for an upgrade is beyond me). Still the deal clincher is that Wirefly does charge sales tax to CA. Letstalk/Walmart charges sales tax for the full unsubsidized phone price. Hopefully it will ship tomorrow.

sfsilicon

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Walmart is still saying they don't have them. Guess I'm waiting cause I ain't giving t-mobile $280.

Any reason your not going with Wirefly? They are $150 with a new contract and free activation till Thursday. I'm also assuming Walmart will charge you sales tax on the full price of the phone which will add up to $60 depending on your state tax. Only downside with Wirefly is they will take a bit longer to ship, since they use regular Fedex for their free shipping. If you have a BOA you can get another $50 off, not sure if that is per phone or not.

I also read on another deal site that a guy called tmobile online and have gotten a buy 1 get 1 deal for 2 new phones on a family plan. YMMV.

---

Quote from striped View Post :
Is the $50 rebate factored in in your total? It seems so ($230 + $50 + Activation + Tax = $350), so it really cost you $300 for 2 phones. It's great. I think I should call them and ask to sell me one for $200 :)

There was no rebate as far as I can see. Also, was charged $279.99 for the first phone instead of the advertised $229 on their site for new customers. The way T-mobile handles their upgrade costs, and accounting info is baffling. I'll update once all the dust settles and can figure out the jumble mess that is in my billing page. Right now I see a 270$ credit on my account, and a 364$ charge for the 2 phones. That can't be right. Can't help but feel like something fishy is going on though since this seems too good to be true.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Any reason your not going with Wirefly? They are $150 with a new contract and free activation till Thursday. I'm also assuming Walmart will charge you sales tax on the full price of the phone which will add up to $60 depending on your state tax. Only downside with Wirefly is they will take a bit longer to ship, since they use regular Fedex for their free shipping. If you have a BOA you can get another $50 off, not sure if that is per phone or not.

I didn't go with them cause I am just upgrading and don't wanna lose any of my grandfathered features. I also wanted to try and get it local so I didn't have to wait for shipping.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't go with them cause I am just upgrading and don't wanna lose any of my grandfathered features. I also wanted to try and get it local so I didn't have to wait for shipping.

The only issue I'm having is waiting for them to ship the phone. They say its going our today. I want it now LOL.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
How do I get the BoA option? I don't wanna do it unless I get that $50 off. And does it do it for just a boa check/debit card? Cause that works like a credit card.

sfsilicon

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How do I get the BoA option? I don't wanna do it unless I get that $50 off. And does it do it for just a boa check/debit card? Cause that works like a credit card.

CC or debit will work. You just have to be signed up for online banking (e.g. have an online banking access). Assuming you use online banking, go to additup.bankofamerica.com and click the sign-in button. It will ask you to a couple of questions and then show you the card(s) that are qualified (make note of this). Then do a search for Wirefly in their vendor list and look for the $50 for new line, upgrade, add lines promo. Click that (they have another Android promo, but I didn't try that). It will then take you to the Wirefly website. Follow the flow for upgrades and make sure at check-out the $50 BOA credit is listed. Place your order and use the card you noted above to pay. You should get a BOA/Wirefly confirmation email. Read the notes on the BOA additup website on how the cashback works. BOA has an interface which will show the cashback in process. Wirefly is still not showing up, but I'm assuming it will take a few days, though the $199 for the phone has already been charged.

The $50 discount and is worth a few days wait to me and my wife has been without a phone for 1.5 months now so we can wait a few more days. I orderd last night at around 9PM. Still waiting for Tmobile to approve the phone and hopefully it will ship today. It says 2-7 day delivery via FedEx free ship.

I called Tmobile yesterday to confirm that I can keep my existing plans so long as I didn't select a new plan during the upgrade. The rep put it into my account notes, so I have something I can refer back to incase of trouble. I did this last time too, but that was because Wirefly didn't have the upgrade interface it has now (I was only doing 1 upgrade of a 2 line family plan). The new interface allows you to pick the primary or any of the secondary lines and allows options to keep your existing plans (grandfathered unlimited data and 400 text) and numbers.

Note: Wirefly is offering the $30 unlimited data with 5GB at 4G speeds. I currently only have the 2GB unlimited, but I would stay away from making any changes and stick to your current plan. You can always talk to Tmobile (loyalty team) and see if they can match it. If you do the reverse and chance it with Tmo later, the ETF for discounted phones with Wirefly might trigger.

---

Update 2PM: I got my shipping confirmation. Fedex 2 day shipping (I picked standard) to CA (from MD). So it will be here on Friday ;) Still nothing on the additup website concerning the cashback, but the fine print says up to 30 days to appear as pending after purchase.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma