Any one else returning their Galaxy S II

Crotalus

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Returning mine today or tomorrow, did not have the ability's the store rep claimed it would have. Who knows may wait till the 13th day of my buyer remorse and return it then.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Umm don't listen to store reps.. first rule of thumb. Secondly its an amazing phone that's blazing fast and extremely capable... So no.

Sent from my ADR6400L

mettleh3d#WN

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Why are you returning? the only thing im slightly miffed about is the exclusion of GChat video, but realistically Im not using that daily

Crotalus

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I am returning it because t-mobil coverage in my area sucks so with out wifi calling it is useless to me at some of the locations I service.

Also not happy with not being able to tether, my old galaxy S I can tether for free all day long.

EDIT:
So far has been a sweet phone where I can use it, fastish download speeds 14meg on the 4g. And I am one of the odd balls who actually likes the samsung UI so do not want to do a custom rom to have the ability to tether.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I need Wi-fi also. But when you're already paying $85/month, what's another $15 for a fantastic phone. The tethering I have no use for.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get a galaxy S again, after the trouble that I had with my galaxy S captivate on att. I would get the HTC Amaze of the HTC Sensation.

Crotalus

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So this phone wont have wifi calling? my old blackberry 9700 did.. :(

The t-mobil one is not shipping with wifi calling, they claim it will be rolled out at a later date. When I had called to trouble shoot this I was told return the phone as it was borked, turns out its not borked just does not have the ability yet.

I had to laugh when the rep told me it wouldn't be long before it was out, I was like o so not long like it was not long to get a gps fix and the new android versions for the old galaxy s.

Sucks for them that they will end up not being able to resale this one as it is used.

The phone is decent but not worth waiting to see if t mobil actually gets it out, or if it works well. Would rather have the buyers remorse option once wifi calling comes out then trust t-mobile.

Milehigh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Either here or on another forum, wi-fi calling was alleged to be coming out end of this month via an OTA update.

I am returning it because t-mobil coverage in my area sucks so with out wifi calling it is useless to me at some of the locations I service.

Crotalus

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Either here or on another forum, wi-fi calling was alleged to be coming out end of this month via an OTA update.

Thats what I heard also, although they said the same thing about the gps fix for the original galaxy S.

Heading down to the store now to return mine. I will buy one when wifi calling comes out and if it does not work well can then return it under the buyers remorse.

Syrusoo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are you returning? the only thing im slightly miffed about is the exclusion of GChat video, but realistically Im not using that daily

I am a bit angry about the GChat myself. One of the first things I tried when I got my phone was to video my brother. Why did they bother to put the camera on anyway if they are going to limit it.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Not entirely sure what you guys are talking about. I'm able to use video chat over wifi with Fring, Tango, and Google Talk.

Am I making some stupid error in judgment by saying so in this thread?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My box has a $50 restocking fee label stick on the side. I guess you will really have to proof your case in order for them not to charge you this $50.

scottd818

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
i love this phone its amazing i just switched from a bb 9780 and all i can say it wow!!! video chat worked for me too that sucks yall r have issues but im amazed at how awesome this phone is

Crotalus

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My box has a $50 restocking fee label stick on the side. I guess you will really have to proof your case in order for them not to charge you this $50.

Mine also had the restocking fee sticker, they tried to tell me it would be $50 I laughed at them and said no, then played the recording of the sales person stating it had the feature. They quickly changed their mind took the phone back and apologized for their sales team.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Heres an important question...

Do I return my Galaxy S II and wait to get the Galaxy Nexus...??? I have a few days left on my return

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
California law gives me a 30 day return period. Will the Nexus be out by then? Even if not, I'm sure I can recoup at least 75% of what I paid for it on EBay. I have the original box, plus a few case I can throw in. That's, of course, assuming that the Nexus will be on T-Mobile.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Heres an important question...

Do I return my Galaxy S II and wait to get the Galaxy Nexus...??? I have a few days left on my return

Why would you want to do that? The only thing I see over the gs2 with the nexus is the resolution. The rest seems like it's not as good imo.