Wal-Mart Exclusive Plan

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So I just wanted to let you all know that I signed up for that new Wal-Mart exclusive plan which gives you 5 gigs of 4G data, unlimited text and 100 talk minutes for $30 a month. It's perfect for me and I wanted to let you all know that it works very well with the T-Mobile GSII. I just popped the sim card in and it worked flawlessly. I figured that you really can't go wrong with that plan on prepaid if you're in T-Mobile's coverage area, so I thought I'd let you all know that it works well in case you picked up your GSII unsubsidized. Thanks for all the support in the future on these forums, I love it!!

DJMasters

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I got on that plan too, but had to jump thru some hoops as an existing customer. Maybe I got hosed, but here's what I had to do.

I had traditional post-paid service and had my account moved to pre-paid service, but still didn't see the new $30 plan option available to me. Being "Web Only" customer service wasn't any help in moving me to that plan either. Then it came to light that the $30 plan is only available to "new" customers, even though I couldn't find anywhere publicly that stated that. So.... I had to order a new pre-paid SIM/activation kit ($6) and wait for it to arrive since you can't buy them in stores anymore. I was told that I would be able to port my old phone number over to the new account once it was up.

Got the new SIM, put it in my new SGS2 and activated online, POOF the new $30 plan was an option for me! SWEET. So I signed up for it and got the phone working... then I called in to get my old number ported and was told that if they port the old number over that I would lose the "promotional plan". CRAP!! So, now I have a new number... that seems to have previously belonged to some deadbeat named Tessie who doesn't pay her F'ing bills!!!

But back on the original topic, SGS2 works great on this plan... cut my bill in half too. I was on the old Even More Plus plan with 500 minutes, U/L text & web for $60. A new number is a small price to pay in the big picture!

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I got on that plan too, but had to jump thru some hoops as an existing customer. Maybe I got hosed, but here's what I had to do.

I had traditional post-paid service and had my account moved to pre-paid service, but still didn't see the new $30 plan option available to me. Being "Web Only" customer service wasn't any help in moving me to that plan either. Then it came to light that the $30 plan is only available to "new" customers, even though I couldn't find anywhere publicly that stated that. So.... I had to order a new pre-paid SIM/activation kit ($6) and wait for it to arrive since you can't buy them in stores anymore. I was told that I would be able to port my old phone number over to the new account once it was up.

Got the new SIM, put it in my new SGS2 and activated online, POOF the new $30 plan was an option for me! SWEET. So I signed up for it and got the phone working... then I called in to get my old number ported and was told that if they port the old number over that I would lose the "promotional plan". CRAP!! So, now I have a new number... that seems to have previously belonged to some deadbeat named Tessie who doesn't pay her F'ing bills!!!

But back on the original topic, SGS2 works great on this plan... cut my bill in half too. I was on the old Even More Plus plan with 500 minutes, U/L text & web for $60. A new number is a small price to pay in the big picture!

Would you be dinged with an ETF if you're still in contract?

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Now what you need to do is to buy GrooVe IP app in Market. It allows you to make calls over WIFI or 3G through google voice. In that case, you will save the 100 minutes for emergency use (in location you don't have WIFI or 3G/4G data service).

You will need to port your phone number to Google Voice, or sign up a new phone number with Google voice.

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're changing numbers, it's a perfect time to move to Google Voice. In fact, you could port your old number to GV and maintain it. Then you're independent of the underlying mobile #.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20