Ok, for those of you who want/need to wipe your phone so that it [HL]deletes[/HL] EVERYTHING so that you get it back to your "Out of the Box" status. I have the answer!

First: Back up What ever you want/need to back up.

Then: MAKE SURE YOU BACKED UP WHAT YOU WANT/NEED!!!!!
    DOUBLE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOU SAVED YOUR STUFF!!-Did I make myself clear that you will LOSE EVERYTHING!!!

Read This: T-Mobile Support Community: T-Mobile Support Community: Setting up your new or replacement device

To do another reset, that will possibly leave some cache on the phone ( I know this, as I have done it and it left info on it).

Follow these directions:

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available).
    To perform a hard reset, follow these steps.
    1. Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory. See: Back up device files: Samsung Galaxy S II
    2. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Privacy.
    5. Tap to clear the Backup my data an Automatic restore check boxes, if desired. (you might have to clear Automatic Restore first, the Back my Data)
    6. Tap Factory data reset.
    7. Tap Reset phone.
    8. Tap Erase everything.
    9. If prompted, enter the password.
    Note: The default password is 1234.
    10. Tap OK.
    11. If necessary, enter and confirm the password again.
    12. Tap OK.

With that all said and done, now to the Good way to Really reset your device.

First: MAKE SURE YOU SAVE WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO SAVE!! I backed up my folders and my SD card just in case, using Samsung Kies found Here: What's new for Software & Manual SAMSUNG

Bare with me, as I am doing this from memory. I performed it like 3 times yesterday.

1. Start with the phone powered off.

2. Hold the followling 3 buttons all at once starting in this order, Sound UP, Sound Down and Power. (Yes, you will need to use 2 hands)
    3. Once the Samsung Android Screen pops up (the second Samsung Screen) release the Power button and keep holding the Volume Down. You will get a bunch of commands (like 4 or 5), First I chose to wipe my Cache, then I chose the option to "Factory Reset Out of the Box" Status. To move where you want to go, simply use the volume up and down. Then to select the item you want, touch your HOME key on the bottom of the phone.

That's it!! You now have your phone back to the first day you bought it. If you didn't back up your apps, they you just have to spend time reinstalling them all over again..

When you start by setting it up, don't allow it to restore your info/settings. I think it's like the 3rd or 4th screen after you touch the Android to start setting it up. Just unclick the box's...or box..like I said, I did it over 24 hrs ago, and more than once...testing it out each time for different things..This one way made sure everthing was gone and I started out fresh.

Hope this helps!!
    Splaktar likes this.
    10-26-2011 12:03 PM
    Thanks! I had to return mine and didn't want my personal stuff still floating around on it. This helped
    11-25-2011 01:00 PM
    You're Welcome!
    11-25-2011 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD