I am having a problem finding thins in "Files" and "Astro" on Tmo GS2. I just upgraded to a 32gb sd card class 4. I was told it was good. Its a Sandisk.

I was going for a class 10, but people said it was not only not necessary, but it would slow down occasionally ... but be fabulous with games and video

regardless of that, i then looked for a class 6 Only found no names and someone said its better to have a Sandisk at a lower class than one class higher from a no name'

Well I don't know if that has to do with my problem. I can't find things. I search, nothing. I use Astro, now this is weird. Nothing. I plug into the computer, it is listing the phone as TWO separate drives. THis has never happened to me in the past and never heard it mentioned

I am sure it is nothing wrong, but a settingn somewhere and I can get all the files combined

also, I am assuming all of those file explorers on the phone cannot look into the hard drive of the phone? Is that correct, no other excuse? And this other "drive" I am speaking of, one can only assume it is the hard drive

Well in any case, if anyone could straighten me out, help me, etc.. I'd be most grateful

happy Halloween All
    Eric
    10-31-2011 12:16 AM
    that is what I suspected (hard drive i.e. phone) and the other being the sd card

BUT very very very odd. to me. i have had 4 blackberries, 1 Tmo Dash, and 4 Androids, and a Digital Cam and none of them listed them separately

If it wanted to do that....on the computer, I'd have no problem, although I'd like to know why. But I don't understand why these files can't be found on the phone itself...unless I plug the usb into the computer

Can anyone help with that? Thanks again to all
    11-01-2011 01:38 AM
    I am having a problem finding thins in "Files" and "Astro" on Tmo GS2. I just upgraded to a 32gb sd card class 4. I was told it was good. Its a Sandisk.

I was going for a class 10, but people said it was not only not necessary, but it would slow down occasionally ... but be fabulous with games and video

regardless of that, i then looked for a class 6 Only found no names and someone said its better to have a Sandisk at a lower class than one class higher from a no name'

Well I don't know if that has to do with my problem. I can't find things. I search, nothing. I use Astro, now this is weird. Nothing. I plug into the computer, it is listing the phone as TWO separate drives. THis has never happened to me in the past and never heard it mentioned

I am sure it is nothing wrong, but a settingn somewhere and I can get all the files combined

also, I am assuming all of those file explorers on the phone cannot look into the hard drive of the phone? Is that correct, no other excuse? And this other "drive" I am speaking of, one can only assume it is the hard drive

Well in any case, if anyone could straighten me out, help me, etc.. I'd be most grateful

happy Halloween All
    Eric
    it shows as 2 drives because your phone has an internal drive (11gb) PLUS your external sd card.
    and to look into the hard drive in the phone you need an file program that can search as root. try super manager (thats what i use)
    11-01-2011 08:47 PM
    it shows as 2 drives because your phone has an internal drive (11gb) PLUS your external sd card.
    and to look into the hard drive in the phone you need an file program that can search as root. try super manager (thats what i use)
    Thanks for your help, and anyone else who is helping. I am probably not at your level so your patience is appreciated.

1. I believe I had the concept down. But the 11gb drive would be the 16gb minus any that the system takes in the beginning??

2. Part of the problem was that I had SD Card set as my "home" and I didn't see any of the files I put when I started. Now I changed that and the issue is getting clearer

3. Some or most apps are being downloaded to the phone however. I prefer the sd card however so I can readily access them if needed, esp since I have plenty of space, but like Zedge for example, now it is on Phone, and before with previous phones (i.e. Mytouch 4g) it was on the sd card. Only system files were on the phone. I know I have the option of going into each one tediously and hitting move to sd card, but that defeats the purpose

the best buy guy has an ATT GS2 and his is the same way, and he never noticed but his previous phones were the way I said. Is this new the past few months, or for 2.3.5, or for Samsung and not HTC.

Your further thoughts are appreciated, and even more, if you could help me get to the settings I want, I'd be indebted

Eric
    11-01-2011 09:08 PM
    yea the 11gb is out of the 16gb storage. i think 2 are designated to system, 1 to ram, not sure about the other 2. and as roms develop their will be ways to have it install apps directly to sd card but their isnt one YET that i know of at least.
    11-01-2011 09:58 PM
    yea the 11gb is out of the 16gb storage. i think 2 are designated to system, 1 to ram, not sure about the other 2. and as roms develop their will be ways to have it install apps directly to sd card but their isnt one YET that i know of at least.
    Again for persisting with me. I understand what u are saying, however there were Apps on my last phone the MT4G like zedfe that were right on the ad card and now are not?? Any idea

2 other misc questions if u have time. I know you are freely giving ur time
    -i am hitting something in the browser or maybe even everywhere that repeats the same word right after the word or letters I just typed?? Any clues

And

2. When I go to clear.the searched items on Google in IE it pulls up the last 4, asks if I wanna clear them, then does the next 4...and each time, below, says to.go into preferences for more options.

Again thanks for sharing your.knowledge
    11-02-2011 12:31 AM
    As I look at it now, started to hit "move to sd"...I realize there is no need for that. I was just used to it. It TRULY did do that for several, maybe not all, apps on my old phone

Now you said I couldn't see the files (before I made my external sd card my home in Astro) on Astro but I could in a different file explorer. It was highly recommended a year ago. Then when a friend helped me roott, someone had me make backups with Titanium, which does have a file manager too, right...so what is the best / simplest file manager

Thank You
    11-02-2011 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD