Hi guys,

Need an opinion. My dad just got the Galaxy SII for TMobile from his mytouch 4G. He watches Thai TV on his phone all the time. He is complaining about how it is always buffering now on his Galaxy SII when it usually never buffers on the mytouch 4G. He thinks something is wrong with the phone and wants to switch to HTC Amaze 4G. So what do you guys think? He said he did a comparison between his friend's iPhone and Galaxy SII and his friend's loaded the video fine, no buffer. So is there something wrong with the phone itself?

I doubt it, because I think it could be network problem or the fact that our representative told us he reached the 2GB high speed cap this month and we just changed to the $30 5GB cap-plan yesterday (so it wouldn't be effective until November 11th right? ---plus by the time we wait to see if it IS the 2GB cap, it would be too late since the buyer's remorse will end).
    10-31-2011 01:01 PM
    I hope your dad enjoys the HTC's buggy/unstable software!
    10-31-2011 06:13 PM
    I doubt it, because I think it could be network problem or the fact that our representative told us he reached the 2GB high speed cap this month and we just changed to the $30 5GB cap-plan yesterday (so it wouldn't be effective until November 11th right? ---plus by the time we wait to see if it IS the 2GB cap, it would be too late since the buyer's remorse will end).
    If you are with Tmo for 2 years, you can call 611 to ask to speak to Retention Department. Only they can offer the Preferred Android Web data plan for $20. It's unlimited. Some say it will have a soft cap at 5GB, some proved it doesn't. Anyhow, it's still 5GB and $10 cheaper than the plan you have.
    11-02-2011 01:08 PM
    Does anyone have an idea WHY Samsung Galaxy SII internet speeds is seemingly slower than my Touch 4G? My dad used his phone to watch the same thing at the same location and on his myTouch 4G, speeds were fine, no buffer. When he switched to Samsung Galaxy SII it slowed down. The Tmobile rep says its because of the background data and auto-sync from other apps that are slowing it down...is that true?
    11-11-2011 09:17 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post since I also thought something was wrong with my SGSII after switching last week from my mytouch 4G... I turned on data roaming from the settings and this greatly sped up the SGSII. I still get AWFUL signal indoors, however (my mytouch did also). I've been with tmobile for ten years but am seriously considering switching because I thought the signal would IMPROVE with the SGSII, but it is still the same. I live in a city where all four carriers have good service, I just don't like any of the other carriers better. (But indoor signal would be great.)
    02-21-2012 12:39 PM
    Won't enabling roaming incur extra charges? That was the warning I received when I checked that setting.
    02-24-2012 12:33 PM
    You should definitely check your plan rates/fees before selecting that option. But I have had tmobile for ten years and have never incurred roaming charges. Pretty sure I always select that option on my phones but for some reason it wasn't first thought with this phone. It did help improve the signal a tiny bit. But for a 42mbps capable phone, I am sincerely disappointed in the reception and I still think I got better signal with my mytouch 4G. lol.
    02-27-2012 02:05 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that has crappy indoor signal with this phone. At home I put it on wifi but sometimes the no indoor signal thing is really annoying. I guess I should just be grateful that Tmo has 4G in Pensacola now.
    04-01-2012 12:06 AM
    I have really bad signal when I first got this sgs2 I kept going back to the T-Mobile store I honesty thought there was something wrong. They changed my sim card but I kept having horrible signal. I can only hope it gets better.
    05-15-2012 02:54 PM
    Is this option still available today?
    I was told by a T-Mobile Rep for $20 all I get was 2GB and for another $10 5GB. I'm gonna try that today.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2012 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD