The big question is when is ICS conubg to the SGSii?? Do I root or do I wait??? Decisions. Decisions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2011 09:48 AM
    What would be the purpose of waiting? Once the source for ICS comes out the devs will begin working on ICS roms for our phone. All updates are available for rooted phones shortly after they get released because the devs mod them to work with rooted phones.
    11-09-2011 10:33 AM
    If you wait, you might get an official ICS ROM from Samsung/T-Mo before the compatible CM9 is available? if the hw drivers need to be updated, I don't think CM can even attempt an AOSP-based ROM until there's an official ROM to rip the drivers from
    11-16-2011 03:33 PM
    root but make a backup before rooting if ur worried about it. you can flash back to the stock recovery after u install ur backup too...
    11-16-2011 06:53 PM
    fyi - Samsung tweeted today that the SG2 will definitely receive an ICS update
    11-17-2011 05:01 PM
    ICS is so complete how do skins like sense and touchwiz hope to skin it doesnt need skining. Will be interesting to see once first updates roll out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-18-2011 04:17 AM
    If you wait, you might get an official ICS ROM from Samsung/T-Mo before the compatible CM9 is available? if the hw drivers need to be updated, I don't think CM can even attempt an AOSP-based ROM until there's an official ROM to rip the drivers from
    The hw drivers remain the same, the reason it takes a long time for new devices to receive CM is because they don't have the drivers since the device has just been released. Now since the GS2(International and now US Carriers) has been out for a while the drivers are there, all they have to do is tweak the ROM so that it works with the phones drivers, rather then ripping apart the phones software to find the drivers.
    12-02-2011 04:30 PM
    Just download the ics launcher by team syndicate, it doesn't require rooting. Works great..
    12-05-2011 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD