Can somebody explain the cloud to me? Is it a central storage to be accessed by all your devices or is it more like an online back-up?
    How or do you control what goes there?
    You can't see me so I'm not afraid to ask ignorant (illiterate) questions. Thank-you for clearing up my cloudy day!

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2011 07:34 PM
    "The Cloud" is a new name for services being provided over the network. Quoting Wikipedia Cloud Computing article: Cloud computing is a marketing term for technologies that provide computation, software, data access, and storage services that do not require end-user knowledge of the physical location and configuration of the system that delivers the services. Parallel to this concept can be drawn with the electricity grid, wherein end-users consume power without needing to understand the component devices or infrastructure required to provide the service.
    11-13-2011 08:35 PM
    Dropbox is one of the very popular cloud storage solutions. It gives you 2 GB free storage (other gives 5 or 10GB) so you can access your files in the cloud anytime anywhere.

Amazon has the cloud drive for storing your music. Google Music do the same.

The new Amazon Fire has only 8GB internal storage and no expansion slot. It claims all the media consumed (books, newspaper, magazine, TV, movies) will be served from the cloud.
    11-16-2011 11:58 PM
    tita...first of all, there is no ignorant question. you learn by asking and researching. 2nd, clouding is storing your data such as videos, music, and other things to remote storage servers, where you can remotely access them at anytime. dropbox gives you 2gb, 4shared gives you 10gb, and google gives variations. you can view it as online backup, central storage, or even both.. however you see fit.
    11-24-2011 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD