I use my phone as part of my business, which is playing live music. I use MP3s as backing tracks, and as an MP3 player during the breaks. I haven't found an equalizer that works on all output. At least not one that "consistently" works on all output. I have a rooted phone, so keep that in mind.

I know there is a DSP manager, but it requires installing a music pack, which replaces the stock music player. I'm not ready to try that yet. I'd like an app that works stand-alone on the rooted phone. Any ideas?
    11-22-2011 08:19 AM
    I use my phone as part of my business, which is playing live music. I use MP3s as backing tracks, and as an MP3 player during the breaks. I haven't found an equalizer that works on all output. At least not one that "consistently" works on all output. I have a rooted phone, so keep that in mind.

I know there is a DSP manager, but it requires installing a music pack, which replaces the stock music player. I'm not ready to try that yet. I'd like an app that works stand-alone on the rooted phone. Any ideas?
    In power-amp, with all music folders checked in settings, everything related to music (including ringtones, u-tube, etc) ends up in my library. I don't know if that makes it a "stand alone" or not.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2011 08:36 AM
    Equalizer from the Market. So far it works with everything I have tried/used.

https://market.android.com/details?i...VxdWFsaXplciJd
    11-22-2011 11:05 AM
    Tried PowerAmp, and it doesn't, for instance, equalize Pandora output.

The Equalizer app is about the best I have found, but it's not 100% for me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't on my phone.

For now, I re-equalized my songs before putting them on the SG2, and adjust the tone controls on my gig amplifier.

What I really need is an app that can get to the DSP and make permanent changes at that level. I guess in time someone will come up with an app that works.

Edit: I should have said I tried Equalizer, and am now using AudioMaster instead, which for me is the best I've found, but not perfect.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...audiomasterpro
    11-22-2011 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD