Hi gang,

I just bought my first smartphone, and I've been happy with everything about it except one thing: I am having trouble finding after-market cases and screen protectors that fit.

I went to amazon and ebay; and I ordered and received in the mail the following items:

* SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 i9100 - 5 Pack Premium Reusable LCD Screen Protector with Lint Cleaning Cloth

* Hot Pink Silicone Jelly Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S2 S 2 i9100

Neither of these fit. It it because they are for "i9100"?

I don't know what to look for when buying these accessories online. Can someone shed some light, please?

Thanks so much,

Danielle

p.s. I'd love to have an Otterbox for this phone, but it's my understanding they are not available ... right?
    12-06-2011 09:01 AM
    Hi gang,

I just bought my first smartphone, and I've been happy with everything about it except one thing: I am having trouble finding after-market cases and screen protectors that fit.

I went to amazon and ebay; and I ordered and received in the mail the following items:

* SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 i9100 - 5 Pack Premium Reusable LCD Screen Protector with Lint Cleaning Cloth

* Hot Pink Silicone Jelly Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S2 S 2 i9100

Neither of these fit. It it because they are for "i9100"?

I don't know what to look for when buying these accessories online. Can someone shed some light, please?

Thanks so much,

Danielle

p.s. I'd love to have an Otterbox for this phone, but it's my understanding they are not available ... right?
    Go to settings, about phone, and you'll see the t mobile version is the "T989". I personally bought a d30 case straight from the t mobile store. Its hard/soft rubber with "military technology" to absorb the shock if you drop it.
    12-07-2011 05:50 AM
    they are 2 different phones from the outside, here are their dimensions:

i9100 = 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm 116 g
    Tmo SGS2 = 129.8 x 68.8 x 9.4 mm 135 g
    12-07-2011 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD