I was told by a t mobile rep that we will soon be getting a update that will us kill/stop all the bloatware apps from running in the background. Wasn't told a specific date. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
    12-16-2011 09:55 PM
    I been keeping an eye on this cause the guy that sold me my phone said. Get it in writing and ask T-mobile direct.
    I went to look at getting a tab and showed him this post. He also said this phone will not get ICS update. The tab will and he mentioned something else.
    Now i'm not what you call it flaming you or showing disrespect to your post. But I do trust this salesman. While waiting to talk to him I watched him sell products and he is an honest guy with good karma.
    I don't see T-Mobile wanting to let you remove anything they could make a buck on down the road. Their thought pattern is leave it on long enough the customer will try it. They are not the only company that thinks that way.
    On the other hand I hope your right, it would be a good public relations move on their part. Just like allowing you to remove the IQ tracking if you wanted.
    01-01-2012 12:57 PM
    I really hope he was right. I wish I could kill google maps from always running and using up my 4g data lol.. and other apps. we should be 100% in the control of the apps that we want running or not. I'm pretty sure the gs2 will get its own version of ICS, probably with another version of touchwiz over it maybe? Idk lol but it would make sense..
    01-01-2012 02:50 PM