Got an update this morning

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to a message on my phone asking to update.
anyone know what its for?
i installed it, took a few minutes.
cant tell any difference yet.

jbliv63

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the T-Mo S II, but the ATT update fixed the lockscreen issue, AP Mobile widget data issue, and also changed the scrolling behavior to the "blue glow."

dannytroy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the message this morning and since my phone is rooted I'm glad it wasn't an automatic upgrade. I postponed it until I was able to find how to cancel the update. If anyone wants to prevent the update you have to uninstall (or freeze?) the apk file "Device management 3.0". I used Titanium backup to uninstall it, after making a backup of the file. Now when I choose "software update" in settings, it doesn't open the app, which shows me the uninstall is working and I won't be prompted to update in the future.

afhanson72

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
When I choose "software update" it says "no firmware". What does that mean? Sorry, I'm new to Android, just switched from Blackberry recently!

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the ota update this evening and of course my battery was too low for it to start. At 50% it let me start the update and about 4 mins later it was finished. A Lil red box with a talk bubble alerted me to the fact that I now need to have my sim card updated to use wifi calling. I guess I'll wait for the morning.

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the ota update this evening and of course my battery was too low for it to start. At 50% it let me start the update and about 4 mins later it was finished. A Lil red box with a talk bubble alerted me to the fact that I now need to have my sim card updated to use wifi calling. I guess I'll wait for the morning.

Sim card replaced and make sure that T-Mobile updates your 911 address. It seemed to create some sort of network error. Tell them you need a SIM with the #TM9177.

Works perfect now

Last edited:

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how to truly gauge the battery but I'm pretty sure that I got a significant battery increase. I have yet to figure out what caller id issues were adjusted.

elysea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with the lockscreen after the update? Now there is this annoying banner that tells me to swipe to unlock and I can't figure out how to get rid of it or turn it off.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I do not see any caller id enhancements. They still want to charge for unknown caller id which is bull crap. At least ATT had the feature for free. Then again I don't know if it was for all plans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair