Screen freezing while entering text

thenooge

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with entering text on websites (and just today for the first time while writing a FB message using the app)? Mine seems to lock up randomly and wont enter text for whatever word I was typing at the time. It seems to have an issue with 1 letter (chosen at random) and this issue has become very burdensome for when i'm trying to write a simple message or do a google search on the web. This happens using swype or conventional text entering. this however has not been an issue when writing a text message. This is my first android phone (coming from years of owning a blackberry) and this is really making me miss the real keyboard on my old berry. Any help/fixes are appreciated in advance. Merry Christmas

Last edited:

anfrey

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i was having the same issue. clearing swype data fixed the issue (though it also reset my custom dictionary).

settings > applications > manage applications > all > swype > clear data

Reactions: thenooge

thenooge

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'll give it a try .... hopefully i wont have to reset it every so often, its a major pain in the arse when your screen freezes when trying to use the N or L buttons (those seem to be the problem buttons so far)
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21