I am a little confused with the way Contacts are used on the phone. My car has Bluetooth and the contacts on it's display don't match the contacts that I see on my phone. I believe they are the contacts that were on the sim card, that were put on with my last phone. I used Kies, and that contact list showed under the Gmail account. Under the "Mobile Phone" account shows no contacts at all.

My first question is, when the phone boots and shows contacts, what account am I seeing? How can I get all those contacts to replace whats on my sim card, or how do I get my car to show the contacts I am seeing on my phone.

Can you choose where to save contacts, the phone or the sim card?

As far as the Gmail account, I didn't know I even had phone contacts stored on that account. This is the one area that to me is a bit more confusing, as compared to using Outlook with my previous phone, which was an iPhone.
    Thanks for any help!
    01-06-2012 08:37 AM
    i had a question about contacts

is there a way to place a shortcut to a contact on the main screen? like a persons mobile number? that would have their little picture on it, so i could just tap on the pic to call?
    01-06-2012 06:59 PM
    @Danny if the contacts are showing as duplicates meaning they are syncing to your gmail you can delete the ones on your Sim card. Verify you have all your contacts by checking your Gmail contacts.

To delete all contacts on your Sim card. Contacts/menu/more/display/check Sim and uncheck everything else. Now in contacts you'll only see your Sim card. Menu/delete. Go back and check Google to display.

verify your phone is set for contacts to sync ONLY with your Gmail contacts. Settings/accounts/google

Also contacts/menu/more/settings/save sets all new contacts to be saved to Google.

@Robert menu/add/shortcut/contact You must have already set a pic in contacts for it to display.
    roberts68 likes this.
    01-07-2012 04:55 AM
    Thanks lhweb, Wow, that is a great explanation of Contacts. I think I had somehow missed the "display options" tab. Now it's easier to control what I need. My problem seems to be that my car only picks up the T-Mobile contacts, and there is no option for switching accounts. Should be ok now.

One question concerning the Gmail contacts. Can they be accessed on my PC? I don't see that list on my Gmail web page.

Also, is the "T-Mobile Contacts" account backed up with T-Mobile, and can that account be accessed if needed, as when switching to a new phone?
    01-07-2012 09:43 AM
    I stopped backing up to Tmobile because all you need is gmail. That's what is wonderful about having your contacts sync to Google. When you change phones your contacts will be accessible.

Go to your gmail account on your PC and there is a contacts link at the upper left of the screen. If you don't see it I think clicking the mail link will give you the contacts option. I'm not at my computer now. Hope this answers your questions
    roberts68 likes this.
    01-07-2012 12:12 PM
    thanks lhweb! that is great! exactly what i was looking for!
    i knew there was a way.
    01-08-2012 09:18 AM
    Can anyone answer for me about contact photos? My Gmail, intact photos are very pixelated after I select them. Does this still happen when using tmobile contacts?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 10:41 PM
    I am now having problems with my contacts. I receieved a new phone to replace a damaged one and synced everything up, this left me with duplicate contacts one in my phone memory and one from my google accout. After deleting all of my contacts in the phone memory I now only show about 80 of the 232 contacts from my google contacts. I attempted to re-sync with google and I am getting an error that states "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" It has been this way since about 10pm last night.

Thanks for your help.
    01-21-2012 10:01 AM
    Is it working? First I'd pull the battery and then force the contacts to synch in settings/accounts/choose google/contacts
    01-22-2012 05:32 AM