I have recently observed 2 strange behaviors with my 3 month old S II. Today when I went to the browser it kept telling me that it was unable to connect to the internet. I noticed the 4g icon was missing, yet I had 5 bars of signal. I went into SETTINGS NETWORK MOBILE NETWORK and saw the use packet data checkbox was unchecked. Upon toggling it, all worked well. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Any ideas why?

The second issue is a little more concerning. Sometimes the phone just stops (the screen freezes and it just stops), then the screen goes dark and only a battery pull with get the phone back. It seems to happen most frequently while charging, specifically when the phone hits 100% charged. Yes I even did a factory reset, with no joy. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    01-18-2012 09:36 AM
    Every Samsung Android phone I have ever seen occasionally unchecks the use packet data box from time to time. I find that if I do a battery pull at least once or twice a week that this does not happen.

The only other idea I would have on the second issue is the same thing, do a battery pull more often. Also are you using the factory home launcher or something aftermarket from the Market?
    01-18-2012 11:20 PM
    Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I do a battery pull about every other day. But good to know that i am not the only one having the issue.

I am using the factory home launcher. I was thinking about using an aftermarket, but have not. I do however use nolock to bypass the lock screen, but this was happening prior to that.

Thanks
    Steve
    01-19-2012 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD