Help with picture messaging

afhanson72

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
When I receive a picture via text, I get a box with the word "download" in it. When I click on it, it says downloading but I never get the picture. Also, if I try to send a picture it says "sending" forever and the recipient never get it.

Anyone have the same problem or know why this is happening?

degobahjunk

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I just answered this in another thread but here it is again:

I'm having the same problem, and as far as I can tell it has to do with either the wi-fi or wi-fi calling (or both) being enabled. Sometimes turning them off helps. I was going crazy with this yesterday as my husband was sending me photos from a cub scout trip & I couldn't download any of them. I just had 8 bubbles all eternally downloading.... I spent an inordinate amount of time googling the problem & it seems to be fairly widespread.... Someone on the T-mobile forum suggested turning off wi-fi & wi-fi calling and that helped for 4 downloads, but not all. I don't have a clue what that means. It seems ridiculous that having wi-fi/wi-fi calling enabled should mess up mms. My old phone, a Blackberry Flip that I hated, for all it's drawbacks had wi-fi calling and never had a problem with downloading mms. Grrrr. I have to have wi-fi and wi-fi calling enabled because we have the worst cell reception at our house. [I have to walk outside about 20 feet from the front door! Plus if I don't have wi-fi enabled I can't get sms!!] Wish I could be more help. If anyone else actually KNOWS what can solve this problem short of a software overhaul, please, please speak up!

afhanson72

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you're right. My wifi calling was already disabled but as soon as I turned wifi off and hit the download button, I got the picture. What sucks for me is that I cannot get 3g or 4g at my house so that's why I keep wifi on. At least now I know why it's happening. Now I wish I never updated my software!

Sent from my GS2 via Tapatalk.

degobahjunk

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I still had 4 photos in eternal download today when I was downtown (where there is great cell coverage) so I turned off wifi & wifi calling and they still wouldn't download. I gave up & deleted them. I can't figure it out... :confused: I feel like, if I could have stopped the download, and then restarted it once I had turned off all wifi, maybe it would come through.

So weird... as I was typing just now, one of the messages that I had deleted.... returned! As a mms photo that downloaded. And it did it twice! Just like you just said. So I, inexplicably have 2 copies of a photo from a message that I deleted this morning. Really confused now. :confused: BTW, I have wifi on but not wifi calling.

lorikennard

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with pictures downloading. I finally got the picture (in duplicate), but now I can't save it to my phone or forward it or anything but look at it. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois